What's new
What's new

MH-63... Please help

CNC_Tech

Plastic
Hello everybody,

I have a MH-63 that I am having an issue with, I am getting an EX0159 Arm Home position LS. Off ATC alarm. The tool changer when running a program with have both tools in the changer arm however it stops and alarms shortly after pulling the tool out of the spindle. However the tools can be changed manually without any issues. I have gone through the contactors there are no issues there, I have a feeling this is either a switch a proximity sensor however the manual we have for this machine is slightly better than a paper weight so I am having a hard time figuring out the location of these sensors or switches. If anybody could help me with this one I would greatly appreciate it or any other ideas what this gremlin might be.

Thanks for your help guys!

I have a VMC Mori. It's been a while since I've been in there, but if I am recalling correctly, the machine tracks the tool change arm home position indirectly using a proximity sensor that monitors the position of a drive gear that is part of the larger tool change driving mechanism. You might have some version of this.

Thanks for the help, we found the problem we had a severely burned contactor. It appeared good because it had an AUX contactor on top of it and it even tested good by manually pushing the contacts in. However once the AUX switch was removed the burning became quite apparent on the outside the inside was a char fest burned plastic, burned contacts springs with no more spring to them. I'd say things got warm in there but since it has been replaced the machine has been happily running along. Thanks again!!!

Back