What's new
What's new

Mori mv 40 overtravel

Flare09

Plastic
I have a mori seiki mv 40b running yasnac and it is stuck on y over travel in the back of the machine. How do I reset and jog this back into working area?
This is the message on screen under communication: alarm menu

User's mes 1 com
Ex063 over travel alarm

3002:Emergency stop
Jog

I have tried pressing reset and jogging, reset and zero return, emergency release/jog emergency release/reset/jog, emergency release/handle and jogging, emergency release/reset/handle /jogging, holding emergency release and jogging and zero return, power off, back on and all the above iterations.

I have pictures of the control panel and screen, but do not have an image hosting account to link them, I can send them private message maybe?

I don't recall the button I had to hold down when jogging off an overtravel on that era Mori- I think it was the reset button.

I do recall that the handwheel had to be in tenths mode in order to move the table.

You're on the right track just a matter of sequence.

Press and hold over travel release button.

Press reset button.

Press power on button-Emergency stop condition is cleared-

Select handwheel and tenths mode as jancollic pointed out.

Move table out of over travel area.

Now you can let go of the over travel release button.

That should do the trick, if not, you probably have a limit switch acting up.

Over-travel switches that haven't been hit in years will stick as coolhand suggested above. If you can see the switch and the dog you should be able to tell if the switch is stuck in. If you can't get the control to move the y-axis pull a way cover back and turn the screw by hand until it is off of the switch.

Back