What's new
What's new

Mori MV-80 tool changer issue

CNC Farming

Aluminum
I've been having an intermittent tool changer problem. It will change tools but then the arms stays in position still at the spindle. I figured out if I press on the side of the tool lock solenoid it will carry on and run. Lately I've been having to do this at every tool change and that's getting old quick. I've messed with it but I can't figure it out. Could it be a bad solenoid? I posted a video on youtube of it. Hopefully the link works. Thanks

MV-8 - YouTube

I cleaned the limit switches on drawbar and pushed on them while it was “stuck” but nothing happened until I pushed on the solenoid again. The switches clicked like they should but I did not test them with the multimeter

Youre bypassing the control to complete the TC cycle. Get out the maintenance manual, identify the limit switches and the input bit in the control and check each input to see if it goes high and low with the switch. Nopt sure which control you have, but look in your mauual and there is a procedure for manually stepping thru the tool change sequence. Run this while checking the input bits again and this should tell you where the issue is. Also, there were several different styles of toolchangers on the MV series machines and it depends on which one you have.
good luck!

Back