What's new
What's new

Mori NLX 1500Y CELOS How to lock out program edit

pa4445

Aluminum
We have a Mori Seiki NLX 1500Y with the CELOS (Mits) control.

I need to lock out program edit for the Level I smart key.

Since the last software update it's way too easy to get in edit mode by mistake, and I don't want our operators to be able to edit.

Our Mori / Ellison people aren't much help with this control. All they could tell me was to lock out 8000 and 9000 programs, which I did, but all other programs are available to edit.

I am bumping this old post to see if there is any other way to lock out a celos control. It is a 2019 NLX

You need to reprogram the smart keys. The instructions for this are buried somewhere in the CELOS manual. It's not intuitive, but IIRC the settings are located in one of the settings pages on the CELOS home screen. You can make it so the lower level keys don't have program editing rights.

You need to reprogram the smart keys. The instructions for this are buried somewhere in the CELOS manual. It's not intuitive, but IIRC the settings are located in one of the settings pages on the CELOS home screen. You can make it so the lower level keys don't have program editing rights.

Old school metal keys and key operated switch FTW then.

Thanks. I will give it a shot.

Back