What's new
What's new

Mori Seiki MV45/40 Yasnac MX1 Need Help to get going

Deese

Aluminum
I picked up this mill cheap because it is having tool changer problems. They were running the mill doing manual tool change and apparently something went wrong and it tried to do a tool change and got hung up or whatever it is doing. I have never ran the mill, I rigged it in my shop and hooked it to power. When you turn on the power switch the fans run,when you hit the control on button the control fans turn on and a contactor closes in the control cabinet. The screen does not come on,there are no lights on the control panel. The hydraulic pump does not run,the svmr does not energize. Pushing the power on button a second time does nothing. 100 volt ac control voltage is good,dc 80vdc for z brake is good,24 vdc control power is good. In the control cabinet all the control voltages are good, 1led is lit so there is power to the control. SVTR is not being set by the control to turn on SVMR. I assume the screen is supposed to lite up after the first power on button press,but it does not. I have the electrical manual,ladder logic manual,and what I believe is the machine manual. I have been over the electrical drawings and I am striking out so far. I'm good with electricals so any help to point me in the right direction will be appreciated.

That is in the control cabinet at the top of the cabinet that makes -15v 15v 12v 5v etc.. correct? If so it is outputting all of those voltages. The relay contactor in the control cabinet that is on is NCM the one beside it SVM is not energized.

That would be correct. Unfortunately I do not know anything about your type of machine component layout to be of any help to you.

I can help with the toolchanger when you get that far, but I have no knowledge of the early Yasnacs.

I am trying not to guess what the problem may be. I have an Hitachi seiki here It has two power supply's 1 mounted in the control rack and 1 below it. I do know that if the power supply below the rack is not on There are no led's lit on the PCBs and no screen this happened to me around a fortnight ago. I don't know if your machine has a second power supply or not but might be worth having a look.

I just called Yaskawa Tech support. The previous own had told me they offered free support and they could help me. They said they dont support the control any longer,they dont repair the boards any longer,and if they were to help me It would cost 75 dollars an hour and when we found the problem it wouldnt matter because they dont repair the boards.What a typical reply from a manufacturer. To reiterate when i push the power on button the screen does not come up and no leds on the operator panel light. I would suspect the crt if the leds were lit. Maybe I can find a youtube video of a control startup so I would know what to look for.

Post in the general CNC forum. I'm sure somebody there knows how to troubleshoot these. Nobody looks here. If you had a Fanuc I could help you, but I've stayed away from Yasnac on the advice of the techs I use. Maybe they're not that bad, I don't know.

Back