What's new
What's new

Mori Seiki SL-250B Set up help...

MarottaMM

Plastic
I Just got my 98 Mori Seiki sl250 in the shop and wired up. It has been sitting for about 2-3 years without power. It had alarms 300 and 306, but I installed new batteries by the book and currently have no alarms now. I was able to get the machine into field adjustment mode but something else is keeping the axis from moving. The tailstock works, chuck jaws work, chip conveyor, interior light, and I managed to get the turret to unlock. So I manually rotated it to take the tools off, but was not able to rotate the turret via handjog. I need to get the machine homed in but I can't get any axis movement. My brain is currently fried from all the reading. (manuals and forums) Any help to point me in the right direction is much appreciated.

Thanks, Ethan

Hi Ethan, It sounds like the servo amps are not enabled, so start by checking the alarms on the drives. Do you have electrical schematics? Find what is stopping the drives from coming online. Check voltages, power supplies etc if you have electrical drawings. I might have one for you but need to know what control you have. Daryl

Back