What's new
What's new

Mori seiki SL-3 X axis shudder on rapids

jack123529

Aluminum
Hello eveyone.

I was hoping i could get some help on an issue on a mori seiki sl3 with a problem on x axis, when i move it on rapids 25%, 50% or 100% it shudders on moving, like when you try moving an axis with no oil or has something stuck, its oiled up well and it just started doing it in the middle of a part off cut. I moved it manually and i get the problem, i have no idea on what to check first so i figured i asked here if anyone had a similar problem before.

I get no alarms on screen. My guess is a bad encoder, thrust bearing or ballscrew, maybe a stuck gibb?other than that i have no idea.

Any help is apretiated, thanks in advance. :D

Are you certain there is an axis problem?
There have been a few times I thought I HEARD a shudder issue only to find out it was actually a way cover issue....dry....bad rubber gaskets.....springs making a "banjo" noise etc....

Update

After removing the brake on x axis motor it moves freely, I already sent the motor for inspection, I'll assembly everything when I get it back but I'm almost sure that's the issue, the brake went out or it's not getting activated so it doesn't disengage.

Back