What's new
What's new

Mori seiki SL1

Adamsmetalshop

Plastic
My sl-1 was working great and I had it powered down fir about a week. I went to power it up and I'm getting alarm 35 but I hit reset and then I get alarm 32 if I press the power on 2x it should power up the servos and hydraulics to the chuck and turret clamp. It does none of this .what I get now it I turn main power switch on and usually the hydraulic pump turns on right away even with my front control panel off it always was like that since I had it. Now I flip the switch and nothing turns on. I can manually push each of the 4 contactors in and one contactor turns the hydraulic pump on and I have 400 psi at the Guages but the solenoids aren't getting the signal to open the valves and clamp my turret,chuck etc. I been down for about a month now and I checked circuit breakers, relays, keep relays, fuses and even unsoldered like 20 of the "spark killer" capacitors and they all tested within range. My spindle drive which I think is a yaskawa CDMR mt 7.5k thyristor drive? I did power the machine off and checked for continuity on all the thyristors and my multimeter beeps as in closed circuit. I'm not sure if my spindle drive is shot or if my machine just isn't fully powered up or didn't power up in the right sequence. I feel like I have checked everything from hydraulic/lube pump levels over travel switches, binding on x and z axis spin freely by hand, relays checked all the boards for leaky or bubbled capacitors. I have pictures of my cabinets and I have
Pictures of wiring diagrams. Please help me get this machine running again. I miss my green beast! Oh its a yasnac 2000g control.
All dc spindle motir and servos. Year 1980

Yes I do. Alarm code 35 is overload but that goes away upon reset then it goes to 32 but flickers and in the servo drive cabinet a row of ice cube relays no.6 does like a clicking rapidly almost like glitchy. Alarm 28 is machine not ready

You are correct about the startup order:
1. Main switch turns on pump, powers up spindle drive, etc.
2. On switch first press turns on control
3. On switch second press turns on servos

Shut off procedure:
1. E-stop to turn off servos
2. Off switch to turn off control
3. Main switch

Alarm 35 is preventing power for servos (alarm 32). Clearing 35 does not change the state. Alarm 35 needs rectified before 32 can be dealt with (32 will probably go away when 35 is fixed). Double check that you have inspected all circuit breakers and fuses in the cabinet. Are you getting 3 phase to the cabinet?

Since you have the electrical schematic, how far does the power get when you switch it on? Don't forget the door interlock key switch.

Bill

I do have 3 phase to the machine all hot wires are showing voltage. I have checked all relays, contactors fuses and overload switches and reset them all. Nothing ever appeared tripped.

There are several relays on the door and some of them have voltage and some do not.

Follow the schematic to see where the failure is ("some do and some don't doesn't help"). Which, if any, relays are not getting power that should be at main switch on. Then, which relays are not energizing at control on and servos on. Is the Thermo light on in the cabinet? None of the X and Z servo drives' thermals/fuses were tripped? Are the servo drives getting power?

My SL1 is a year newer than yours (my spindle is AC), but I am assuming the electrical is similar.

Main switch supplies power to:

3-phase relays:
1. Spindle drive
2. Hydraulic pump (Should start at main switch on)
3. Chip conveyor
4. Coolant pump
5. Turret index
6. Way oil pump
7. NC power

1-phase:
Transformer for control circuit (100 or 110V AC), work lamp (24V AC), and rectified for spindle breaking (24V DC)

Bill

Yea I'm not getting any if those. I flip my main power switch and I hear a fan running. That fan is the fan on the bottom of my spindle drive. No hydraulics come on. I did notice my cabinet cooling fan above the main switch doesn't run. I assume that would run as soon as switch is turned on too along with the hydro pump

Yea I'm not getting any if those. I flip my main power switch and I hear a fan running. That fan is the fan on the bottom of my spindle drive. No hydraulics come on. I did notice my cabinet cooling fan above the main switch doesn't run. I assume that would run as soon as switch is turned on too along with the hydro pump

All fans should be on.

Spindle drive on?

- You need to trace the circuits and see where the voltage stops. There are 30A and 15A relays before the main group of relays. There is a 30A relay before the computer cabinet.

- Spindle drive have power?

- Servo drives have power?

Since alarm 35 is overload, check for power at the drives. If you have power to the drives, then I would suspect the drive is at fault. If not, trace back to find out what has failed/tripped.

Bill

I traced voltage coming in at the switch to a 15A non fused breaker and I have power at the 30A breaker after that I do have power at my spindle drive on UVW points no lights on the spindle drive at all. I hit reset on both servo drives and double checked the 3 ice cube relays and they all tested fine with coil activation and with continuity using Multi meter

I traced voltage coming in at the switch to a 15A non fused breaker and I have power at the 30A breaker after that I do have power at my spindle drive on UVW points no lights on the spindle drive at all. I hit reset on both servo drives and double checked the 3 ice cube relays and they all tested fine with coil activation and with continuity using Multi meter

Sorry, I said 30A relay instead of breaker.

Can you post photos of your rear cabinets, with the 35 alarm at the control before reset? I am curious to see what the overload alarm is, whether it is an axis drive or something else. I have traced down a false alarm on the Yaskawa drives before, where it would indicate a thermal trip, but there infact was none. The 35 alarm commonly runs over to the SVFUX relay via a daisy chain wiring set up through the X axis CN2 pin 5 & 6
(X axis CN2 pin 15& 16 jumped via solder connection on board) then X axis CN2 15 and 16 goes to CN2 Pin 15 & 16 on Z axis. CN6 is usually where your 35 alarms will be generated as the CN6 pin 1&2 run to an NPN darlington transistor and its aluminum bus bar behind the big caps on the drives. I believe pin 4 is the ground and pin 6 is +15v pin 8 and 9 goes to the fuse, or breaker on the drive which will throw a 35 alarm shown by turning off the breaker ( this will show immediately on first press of control power on), pin 11 & 12 go to the Thermal Relay for the drive this will throw a 35 alarm too, pin 14 & 15 go across the large resistor behind the big caps near the top of the drive standing up right, I can't remember if it was a breaking resistor or not.

Back