What's new
What's new

Mori Seiki sl15 mc cuts horrible far from Chuck 8 inch to 4 inch from chuck

Evro

Plastic
I'm newbie to all this Got two sl15 recently first machine cuts like butter second one I crashed into work piece when changing tool before cutting anything put program in cuts horrible our work piece sticks out 8 inches chatters and can't find sweet spot like other machine looks horrible noticed turret was moving by hand if pushed on it so tore turret off was looking for pins must of took out from previous owner couldn't find any put back together is a lot tighter no movement think nut came loose when crashed faced part left small nipple disnt do this before cut outside diameter looks little better then before but still not as smooth as other machine question is if i adjust again to where there is no nipple which is like 1/16 or less think that little bit would make it cut rough or do i need to realign spindle or turret slide and how much to have someone else do all this thanks for any help.

More info we are cutting 303 stainless have order for 1000 parts really need second machine running this site has been tremendous help knew nothing in beginning programming was a pain but with manuals and your help learned in couple days running out of time would be great if someone would volunteer and send me email or number to speed things up thanks again for any help

Make sure your cutting edge is on center and turret locked in! Otherwise you got what you got.
Time to call a service guy...sounds mechanical to me.

Make sure your cutting edge is on center and turret locked in! Otherwise you got what you got.
Time to call a service guy...sounds mechanical to me.

We ordered new tapered pins hoping this fixes it we got it so when we face it there's no nipple but cutting outside diameter still get swirl marks from chattering no matter what speeds and feeds we use . measured diameter and it's right on besides the horrible looking swirl marks. Checked spindle that runs true if tappered pins don't help checking slide I guess that's got pins in it too

We got it fixed

Unclamped turret loosened nut reclamped turret loosened Allen bolts holding curvic couple put pry bar in turret til the coolant hole lined up with coolant line tightened Allen bolts unclamped turret tightened nut cuts like butter again

Back