What's new
What's new

Mori DL-150 EX0999 Alarm - Help With Ladder Please

MTLLC

Plastic
I have been working with a DL-150 here in our shop which started giving us an EX0999 alarm when pressing either the spindle clamp or milling mode buttons, or entering an M45 code on head 2. Head one works normally. The alarm description in the book simply says "Sequence program error" and "contact Mori Seiki". Well, I have had some people look at it, and I've talked to a few people at Mori (and tried Fanuc), but no one seems to be able to help too much so far, so I thought I would test your knowledge here collectively.

Looking at the ladder, it gives me a coil number for the alarm of MER0999, but in my book, I can only find a PER0999. Anyway, looking at the ladder on the machine, the PER0999 is definitely active, so I started there. Following the ladder "backwards" from the PER0999 coil leads me to the contact R1689.3 (TRTDER), which then leads me to the coil of "data error num 190". When looking at that rung, the contact R1681.2 is active, so that leads me back to its coil which is "upper data calc R.T. SP. #R".

Now then, if you're following along, the rung of the ladder I'm looking at seems to have a function block in it. I don't know how to decipher this function block. The only thing I have noticed is that when I power up the machine and there is no alarm, the data in the function block shows one thing, and when we create the alarm by pressing the button, the data populates to something else. I am trying to figure out where/how/why that happens because I believe it to possibly be the root of my problem.

If you could help me understand how the function blocks work, or what they are trying to tell me in this case, I would much appreciate it. Specifically in this case I have 5 boxes left to right on the rung which are labeled as follows:

1. MULB SUB38
2. 1004
3. PGDTI#R.4 (R404 is also here with a page number)
4. UPDAT.4 (D540 is also here with no page number)
5. MUPREVI#R.4

Looking forward to any help!

Back