What's new
What's new

Mori-Server - will it ONLY work with local administrative rights?

WaterVsAnchor

Plastic
Not a machinist, but thought maybe someone on here could help steer me in the right direction. Manufacturer with multiple DMG Mori machines, using Mori-Server for communication. Without administrative rights, Mori-Server launches but throws up a communication error when trying to talk to machines. This error appears to be identical to the one you'd get if the machine itself was turned off. If you run the software as an administrator, communication works just fine.

Has anyone else had this experience? Software has been run throughout the years on XP, Vista, Windows 7, Windows 10.. all with the same issue. We've put a bandaid on it in the past by allowing machinists local administrative rights on their machines but we are no longer able to do this and have to find a solution.

If there isn't one, is there a comparable or BETTER piece of software we can use for this functionality?

I run both MORI-DSN and Mori-Server with local account on my network without any problems. There was a hick up right after initial install but it is all gone.
Cant really help you but could get you a name to a mori apps guy.
My specs Dell 5810 / 3620 Win10, Cisco router, Netgear smart-switch, DMG Mori M730Bm control all cat5 cables also have bunch of other older machines hooked up to WiFi as they only have RS232

I run both MORI-DSN and Mori-Server with local account on my network without any problems. There was a hick up right after initial install but it is all gone.
Cant really help you but could get you a name to a mori apps guy.
My specs Dell 5810 / 3620 Win10, Cisco router, Netgear smart-switch, DMG Mori M730Bm control all cat5 cables also have bunch of other older machines hooked up to WiFi as they only have RS232

Thanks for the reply. Mori-Server does work with a local account here as well, but only if that local account has local administrator rights on the system. This is true 100% of the time on Windows 7 and older versions here, but Windows 10 has worked for some and not for others and the error is always the same communication error that it throws if you attempt to connect to a turned off machine.

Local account cant have admin rights on WIN10 system....there is 2 types of account Admin or local so dont confuse them.
Of course you will get com error if the machine is off.
So i guess i am not really getting what the problem is.

How about this logout as admin and log in a local user on your pc.....make sure the machine is ON and connected to your network.
BTW do you know IP of your machines, very easy to ping them, if you get timeouts the problem is network related.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.165]
(c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Am>ping 192.168.1.119

Pinging 192.168.1.119 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.1.119: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=128
Reply from 192.168.1.119: bytes=32 time<1ms TTL=128

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.119:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 1ms, Average = 0ms

C:\Users\Am>

I just installed Mori-server on one of my pcs on my network as admin. logged out and logged back in as local user.
set up a new machine with correct IP ,no user name ,no password.
and it connected just fine, as i said before it is M730BM control MAPPS IV

what control do you have?

Local account cant have admin rights on WIN10 system....there is 2 types of account Admin or local so dont confuse them.
Of course you will get com error if the machine is off.
So i guess i am not really getting what the problem is.

How about this logout as admin and log in a local user on your pc.....make sure the machine is ON and connected to your network.
BTW do you know IP of your machines, very easy to ping them, if you get timeouts the problem is network related.

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.17134.165]
(c) 2018 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\Am>ping 192.168.1.119

Pinging 192.168.1.119 with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 192.168.1.119: bytes=32 time=1ms TTL=128

Ping statistics for 192.168.1.119:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum = 1ms, Average = 0ms

C:\Users\Am>

Local accounts CAN have local admin rights on a Windows 10 system so not sure what you're trying to say there.

My issue is, a locally logged in standard user cannot connect to a turned on, networked machine by IP. The software itself will launch, but doing a com test on the machine brings up -

Communication Error!
Error -3003102 in PC
13000000:-3003102: 0: 0: 0:
Initialize Error.

If Mori-Server is launched with administrative rights from the standard users account, or is launched while logged in on an account that has local admin rights, the com test will complete and the software functions as normal.

We are running Mori-Server 5.6

I just installed Mori-server on one of my pcs on my network as admin. logged out and logged back in as local user.
set up a new machine with correct IP ,no user name ,no password.
and it connected just fine, as i said before it is M730BM control MAPPS IV

what control do you have?

Not sure? I'm not a machinist so my knowledge of the software itself is fairly limited. I'm just working on the connection side - for machine info, we're just running with the IP (no username/password), MAPPS is selected under I/O. Pretty basic config it seems.

OK right now I can ping the machine it is 192.168.1.119 from both pc's, it makes no difference if I am logged in as an admin or local user (cold win start or not), the software server will connect to machine as long as you have correct IP ( same here no user ID or pass at the machine or in Mori server software. It just works. Do you have any firewall/internet security software installed that will block network connections?

Server ver 5.10.0 been running from early 2016, I can take screen shots if you want, but if i was you first thing i would make sure every machine you can ping from CMD prompt in windows.

Back