What's new
What's new

Mori spindle face plate removal

mrtoes

Aluminum
Ive got an SL-BB/SL-1 spindle cartridge that im trying to remove the face plate on. Reason for this is that a bolt has been snapped off inside the cartridge body that holds the plate on and I cant get at it. Also, when removing the spindle from the machine, I unbolted the face plate thinking it was necessary for removal and as a result some chips got behind it. Ive spent all morning trying to get this thing off and progress has halted. The plate feels like its free, but it wont slide off. There is a small cut out on the inside ring of the face plate that almost looks like its for a 1/4 or 1/2 turn locking lug, but ive spun the plate a full 360 and cant find anything of the sort. What am I missing? Has anyone pulled apart one of these units?

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 191
You wont be able to take that off from the front. It has half the labyrinth grooves in it. Its trapped in behind the flange on the spindle. Its the first thing to go on the spindle when your building it up. You would have to remove the bearings to get it off.

Regards Phil.

Back