What's new
What's new

Mori SV-50 Z axis holding current off the charts?

gentlegiant

Plastic
Greetings All,

Just finishing a ground up on a SV-50 with pallet changer. I've had this thing torn completely apart and put back together again, and am hoping that is not part of the problem. (I didn't take the spindle and servo motors apart.)

My question - when monitoring the servo page where it shows the active currents, my Z axis current reading is sitting in the mid to high 50% range at rest, whereas the X and Y are at around 10-13% which to me seems normal. Granted the Z is holding up a ton of weight, (there is no counterbalance system at all on this machine) but over half the servo capabilities just to sit there?

The servo is pretty hefty. It's an AC Alpha Fanuc type A06B-0145-B075. Awhile back when I noticed it I thought to meg the leads, and can't remember if I did or if it had dual sets of leads which threw me or what. That or I checked and there was no problem. Regardless... I'm wondering if there is anyone out there with a SV-50 or similar that would take a look at their servo monitor screen and tell me if their readings are anything like my own. I'd be entirely grateful. The servo hasn't burned up or complained, even after being on for a few hours. I did notice it momentarily jumps well over 100% when heading home at full rapid. Note that the factory parameters are all still in place. Not looking to let the smoke out of anything. Help if you can please. Thanks.
David

Perfectly normal. Servo is just holding the axis up once the brake is released, 50% is exactly what my VS50 with Fanuc control shows at idle.

Back