What's new
What's new

Mori TV-30 MSC-802M GOP battery replacement! GOP reload?

jethummer

Plastic
Hello,
I have a new-to-me Mori Seiki TV-30 tap/drill center.

I have gotten it mostly resurrected, by pouring through posts on this and other forums, and from generous help from members.

At this point, I'm a little stuck.

Control: Mitsubishi/Mori MSC-802M (basically an M50 with a Mori GOP (graphic operator panel) front end)

The control will freeze up if you press the "program" soft button. Then you have to power cycle. I am also missing the "caps-m" soft button.

The battery for the GOP had failed, and after replacing that and doing all the memory resets and procedures that I could find, I have come to the conclusion that I need to re-upload the GOP firmware. I know that it can be done from a PCMCIA memory card, but may be possible to do it through a dedicated GOP serial port as well. There is a Mori technical manual, might be called "Z2: GOP" that would be very helpful if anyone has it.

Has anyone been successful in working with the GOP?

Thank you
CArl C

FOLLOW-UP!

We are in business!

It seems that there are two types of GOP "resets" available.

set GOP param 39 to 123 -enter-

set param 38 to 98 -enter- (power cycle control) (this does a memory reset, but does not format the GOP. This did nothing for me.)

If instead of "98", you enter "99" then power cycle control, it does a GOP memory format. This fixed my control and brought the GOP back from the dead.

To add to the previous post....

After performing the 99 setting to initialize the GOP memory. The GOP parameters will have to be set. For the TV-30 they are....

0 = 1
1 = 1
2 = 3
5 = 1
6 = 17
7 = 147
8 = 1
20 = 1
23 = 30
24 = 1

I also recently learned that some machines after initializing the GOP memory will display the tool offsets and fixture offsets in 3 places after the decimal (metric type display) despite the machine being set to inch units. If that occurs, set Dialog parameter 0 bit 0 to 1.

Back