What's new
What's new

Need Maho MH600e2 ball screw

Dinky

Plastic
Hi,

I am new to this forum and am wondering if anybody can help. We need to replace the Y-axis ballscrew on our Maho MH600e2 mill. Does anybody know where we could buy this aside from Deckel? We're trying to save a few bucks especially during these times. Thank you very much for your time.

Dinky

Not sure about your area of the world, but the USA there are numerous sources of new ballscrews to match whatever you need replaced, for less $$ than the manuf. source. But also numerous places that rebuild your old ballscrew to like new tolerances for even less $$. I think they regrind the old screw and then use oversize balls in the nut to compensate for the metal removal in the screw.

Ball screw repair, new ball screw

Milacron is correct. If you send your ball screw assembly to a proper ball screw repair facility, it can be examined and evaluated for possible repair. If the wear or damage is so bad that it cannot be repaired, then a new, replacement ball screw can be made.
But first, always check for the price and delivery for a new ball screw assembly from the machine manufacturer. Pricing and delivery will vary from low to extremely high depending on manufacturer and machine model. When you have that data, then you or a ball screw repair facility can determine whether the machine manufacturer's ball screw is a bargain, or whether several ball screws could be repaired for the price of one from the machine manufacturer.
For a ballpark repair cost, forward ball screw assembly details to:

Precision Spindle & Accessories Inc.

www.precisionspindleinc.com tel. 519 671 3911
[email protected] fax. 519 652 5994

Dinky

Given that’s a late 80’s German machine, most of those I’ve played with were “Star” brand, which is now part of the Bosch Rexroth group. They might be able to identify it. And quote factory direct.

The office for your region is based in Singapore, but their region includes Thailand and the Philippines.
http://www.boschrexroth.com/country_units/asia/singapore/en/index.jsp;jsessionid=abc8DStLUmO6I9r8q_QDs

If you were in one of the major cities, Manilla or Davao, they might have a rep that could visit you. If it is theirs they would be able to identify it, just by a picture and a few details.

What exactly is wrong with the one you have? Noisy / backlash?

Regards Phil.

Thank you everybody for the help. We'll try to do all of the above and see which is best way to go. Machtool, yes we're based in Manila. The ballscrew is off the machine now and is a bit rough when you turn it. Thanks again for the heads up.

Dinky

The ballscrew is off the machine now and is a bit rough when you turn it.
Any chance you can post a picture of it here, or email it to me? Do you know enough about ball screws to tell if it’s a double nut? If you were to wash the sections of the screw flight you can see, under magnification, is there any visible pitting on the screw yet?

If its only a “bit rough” as you say, a disassembly, clean and reload of balls would be worth a try first. I can put you in touch with people down here that would do that. A lot closer then sending it to the U.S if you cant find any one there that does them.

Regards Phil.

Hello Machtools,

How do I post a picture in here? What's your email address? I'll take a picture right away. Thanks.

Dinky

Dinky sent me a picture of his screw. Please see attached.

Its only a single nut, internal returns, 5 x 1 circuits.

Regards Phil.

Attachments

• smallDSCN1256.JPG
    smallDSCN1256.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 1,023
Dear Sirs!
Please help me to find ball screw for MAHO MH1000C for Y-axis

1986 year of production

Attachments

• Ball Screw.jpg
    Ball Screw.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 40