What's new
What's new

New Machine Day

It has been a few very busy days. The machine just squeezed through the door with about 150mm to spare on each side. DMG Mori have spent the last two days leveling, commissioning and setting up. First test cuts tomorrow.

Absolutely correct, 2nd generation NTX1000 SZM. A lovely machine.

IMG_20160419_095546.jpg
IMG_20160419_101730.jpg

It is finally set up, so far everything has been excellent from DMG Mori. It has the Celos control which I really like having written a few test programs. Time to put all the covers back on and get it running some proper jobs.

IMG_20160422_160749.jpg
IMG_20160422_160759.jpg

never saw an installer put a mill turn on a wall.
usually they just put them on the floor.:D

It has been rather a busy couple of weeks getting it installed and running. It ran it's first production jobs today.

IMG_20160502_093009.jpg
IMG_20160502_163732.jpg

Aluminium Bronze parts for the oil and gas industries.

The NTX range are all fanuc based. I believe that some of the range such as the CTX and ecoline are Mitsubishi.

We like to work sideways here!

Wow, that was fast.
Pretty scary clearance between spindles. Good luck with collision avoidance.

You can also get the NTX1000 with Siemens.

I was told that was an option. Do you happen to know what the max distance from the turning spindle centerline to the milling spindle gage line is? Out of several NTX brochures have not been able to find it.

I'm looking more at the ntx 2000.

Would the OP be able to provide acquisition cost along with the initial cost quote number from the dealer? Trying to get a feel for what they actually can sell for.

I'll measure the distance to the gauge line in the morning when we change jobs over. The NTX2000 has slightly different dimensions to it, not just a change in bed length. Where the NTX1000 can go to X-150mm, the NTX 2000 can go to X-50mm(if my memory serves me correctly) but you gain more in the positive direction.

These were the first parts it produced
IMG_20160504_141743.jpg

Tonight's view:
IMG_20160505_032125.jpg

I won't go into the costs here but I'll say it was a 4 month long process from when we started looking to when it arrived. I was very happy with the support and discussions that were had to find a machine that would cope with large range of parts that we produce.

I won't go into the costs here but I'll say it was a 4 month long process from when we started looking to when it arrived. I was very happy with the support and discussions that were had to find a machine that would cope with large range of parts that we produce.

Decent surface finish.Material?

I appreciate the measurement.

Ok, if no cost. Than in percentage, how much less in % from the initial quote did you end up paying?

I am looking to get in touch with every company who has DMG Mori NTX Machine 2nd gen. Thing is about deliberate design flaw they have those machines.

Back