What's new
What's new

NHX4000 Button config issue

cncwhiz

Aluminum
I have a dmg mori with a Celos control. The button layout is a problem for the type of programs I run. I use block delete to control some key functions. Where The block delete switch is located causes my operators to push the block delete button instead of optional stop. I talked to dmg about if I can customize the button selection on the panel being that it is touch button and they acted like it is very complicated. I know I can password lock the panel but I still have to unlock it for them to start it. I would think that they would have system variables in this control. If I can find out the system variable for block delete I can build a safety macro for my block delete. Anybody know if they use system variables or have a listing of them? Can I do something with the smart key for unlocking and starting the machine and still keep them away from the block delete button?

You have some control over the button layout, but not all of them can be swapped around. They may be irritated because it is not something the local staff can easily accomplish, and Japan is going to push back hard.

Your CELOS manual will tell you how the smart keys can be configured, but it's pretty limited. Most folks want even the lowest level of operators to have access to block skip and optional stop.

I think you have to read block skip status from the PLC, not a system variable. This can be done, but it's a bit more complicated.

However, the good news is that the actual problem here should be pretty easy to solve logically. In the past I've done something like this:

#1=0
/#1=1

IF #1 = 0
(BLOCK DELETE ON)
ENDIF

Back