What's new
What's new

Postprocessor for Maho700 with phillips 432 CNC controller

mamech

Plastic
HelloI am still new in the field of CNC, and currently I am contributing with more experienced engineers to renew an old maho 700 to be ready again tobe functional. My question is: The normal procedure to generate a gcode using cad program (solidworks for example), starts with having the cad model and then generate the gcode the cam software (like solidcam for example) , with the aid of postprocessor of the machine that will run this gcode. the question, what will be the procedure with the old maho 700 in an era before solidcam appears? I found already 5 files related to post processor named :"Maho mh500 c 432_18.cgd", "Maho mh500 c 432_18.doc", "Maho mh500 c 432_18.mcp", "Maho mh500 c 432_18.mmc" , and "Maho mh500 c 432_18.mxt". but as the name suggests, they are for maho 500.

what I need to do so the gcode generated is fully integrated with our Maho 700 ?

any suggesstions are welcome.
thanks

A post that works for a MH500 (432 control) should work with a MH700. The CAM system I used with a Maho 600E2 had separate posts for vertical, horizontal and head tilted at 90*.

A post that works for a MH500 (432 control) should work with a MH700. The CAM system I used with a Maho 600E2 had separate posts for vertical, horizontal and head tilted at 90*.

thank you for your rely. I did not know that maho500 was also with 432 controller. but how to use these files with solidcam (we have solidcam 2014)? how to make solidcam accept these files(they have unknown extensions)?
what I need to do so the gcode generated is fully integrated with our Maho 700 using these 5 files ?

may be late but if this helps.....

I use master cam to generate my post. mc9 - no longer supported but works very well. My post processor do all the output to an NC file.

In horizontal mode, x y z (is very generic.) the z- will plunge into the stock . In vertical mode Y- will plunge into the stock

If you have a good editor you can rework the post for vertical mode( if relatively small) by swapping the y and z. except for drilling and tapping where the control will move the machine in the Y when a Z in in the program block for drill and tap G functions is present. \\if memory serves me G18 is for using the vertical head.

Obviously the best is to get a post made to work with your cad cam program.

I got serval for an MAHO mh 800 C with 432 control for Mastercam X5. One for vertical machining and one for horizontal. The original post for these was from an Mastercam 7 post, edited to work with X versions. I also have a modded Fanuc post for horizontal machining using the machine B axis (table) it works for indexing etc. but there is something with the drilling depths that I didn't quite figure out, it works fine and have done a few jobs:-)

If I do a bit of digging, I'm almost sure that I also have files for 532 also:-)

Too bad you don't use Mastercam:(

Cheers, Daniel

Back