What's new
What's new

Proper codes for bar pulling on a Mori running YASNAC LX1 control

titaniumfire

Plastic
Good afternoon all,
I'm running a 1980s Mori lathe running a YASNAC LX1 control. It's been a reliable machine but getting the right code for everything has been a real chore. I'm just stuck on one last issue. We've got a simple job that needs some bar pulling. On every other lathe I've run I just open the manual, look up the proper M codes to unlock the chuck, pull the bar out in IPM, close the chuck and send the turrent back home. Easy Peasy, right? Well, neither the manuals we have here nor any YASNAC manuals I find online seem to have M codes for that. After some trial and error I've discovered that M11 will open the chuck but after that the machine will not run M10 or any other code. Is there some parameter to allow movement with the chuck open?

Good afternoon all,
I'm running a 1980s Mori lathe running a YASNAC LX1 control. It's been a reliable machine but getting the right code for everything has been a real chore. I'm just stuck on one last issue. We've got a simple job that needs some bar pulling. On every other lathe I've run I just open the manual, look up the proper M codes to unlock the chuck, pull the bar out in IPM, close the chuck and send the turrent back home. Easy Peasy, right? Well, neither the manuals we have here nor any YASNAC manuals I find online seem to have M codes for that. After some trial and error I've discovered that M11 will open the chuck but after that the machine will not run M10 or any other code. Is there some parameter to allow movement with the chuck open?

I don't think you can do a G1 (you said, "IPM," so ...) with the chuck open. Try G0 instead.

Regards.

Mike

Back