What's new
What's new

PURCHASE HELP DMG Mori CTX 450 + CTX 510 Ecoturn

micmeadow

Plastic
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum so first of all thanks to anyone who is going to make my mind clearer about my problem.

This is the question: in my factory we have 4 lathes, one new OKUMA Genos L3000M and 3 old OCNPPL, all of them are running on prismatic guides (cast iron) and have a VDI40 turret. The OKUMA is the only motorized machine, the other 3 are normal 2 axis lathes.

Lately I'm looking to change 2 of the older lathes and I've found two interesting machines: one 2014 DMG Mori Ecoturn CTX 450 and one 2012 DMG CTX 510 Eco. The first one has 1400h of work and the other about 3600h. I've been reading everywhere that Mori is one hell of a lathe but I've noticed that they both run on linear guides.

We work motorbike crankshafts and turning means 16h per day of interrupted cut.

I'm a little worried that those machines wouldn't fit the job I need to do. As you can imagine, I need a very solid and rigid lathe, infact the Okuma is running extremely well and handle any tolerance I'm asking for with an extremely long tool life

What do you think about? Please, feel free to give any suggestions that could help me make the right decision.

Thanks to everyone!
M.

Inviato dal mio MI 5s Plus utilizzando Tapatalk

Mori NL NLX is one great machine not the CTX's
Ok, thank you. Could you be a little more specific? I've seen the NLX runs on prismatic guides and use BMT turret. That's the most rigid solution of course. But my question is would the CTX I've found handle the job I need to do? Or they are not rigid enough and I will find problems after a couple of years?

We work motorbike crankshafts and turning means 16h per day of interrupted cut.

MORI NL has box ways , CTX's are linear ways and thats why would be my last choice.

MORI NL has box ways , CTX's are linear ways and thats why would be my last choice.
Yes, that's the same thing I'm actually analyzing. I mean, I do not know Mori seiki machines so I'm asking if in any way they have found the key to make rigid machines running on linear ways. Thanks for your reply!

Back