What's new
What's new

Service and reliability references DMC 100 U duoblock

Jvizzi

Aluminum
We are seriously considering the DMC 100 U duoblock. Our main concern is the service quality and response, machine breakdown / downtime issues, overall reliability of the machine.

Anyone using this machine on a daily basis? How has your experience been with reliability? How has the service response and machine downtime been after a crash? How has parts delivery been?

Anyone using one of these in the Tampa Bay area?

Honest answers only please, no fanboys.

Thanks!

We are seriously considering the DMC 100 U duoblock. Our main concern is the service quality and response, machine breakdown / downtime issues, overall reliability of the machine.

Anyone using this machine on a daily basis? How has your experience been with reliability? How has the service response and machine downtime been after a crash? How has parts delivery been?

Anyone using one of these in the Tampa Bay area?

Honest answers only please, no fanboys.

Thanks!

Don't crash that thing, spindles are stupid money.

Stupid money = something like $50K + for new spindle
Not exactly 100K machine either so your repairs will be expensive too.

I use to work on a few of the earliest DuoBlock 100s. Do follow every and keep up on the maintenance and inspections. Like any other German made machine tool it's going to run great when it's running and cost a ton when it breaks down. Shop I worked for was not a happy customer but in DMGs defence their machine was in a unmaintained environment. It's was also an earlier setup that had 840D control with an Omron PLC to run the tool robot that did not communicate well that they did away with quickly.

I run two of them for last maybe 10 years and there are very few problems with them. Service is ok but we are in Ontario, Canada. We also have DMU 80Evo and that thing is constantly having problems.
Jerry

Back