What's new
What's new

SH-50 SH-503 B Axis ZRN Zero Return home detection switch not actuating 300 APC Alarm

llf264

Cast Iron
Hi guys, I'm refurbing another HMC and this one just spins the b axis continuously when trying to locate the zero return switch.

As shown in the attached pic, it is setup with 2 prox switches on the lower far side of the pallet rotating actuator. One below and one above a metal key (dog? Trigger?
Whatever the right term for that little thing is...) that seems to me to be designed such that it should trip up or down when reaching it's home point.

Does anyone have a parts diagram of the internals inside the b axis rotary table? I am hoping something is gummed up as opposed to broken in there causing the trigger to not trip. I can move the trigger up and down by hand.

I have a support ticket open with Mori/DMG but am hoping that someone has some info over the weekend before Mon rolls around.

Thanks guys,20181214_192942.jpg

Other Brother is, once again, a wealth of knowledge and expertise. I had the precious post soooo wrong. The switches that I posted a picture of is actually the pallet clamp/unclamp switch set. Which makes perfect sense.

I am headed to the shop now to check the switch in the proper location to see what needs cleaned up or replaced.

Will report out after checking that.

Thanks again OB!!

Hmmmm... 1815.5 shows APC = 1 so it does have an absolute encoder and .4 shows APZ = 0 which indicates it just has not been reset yet I believe. My other SH-50 is equiped with a standard table with the little port plate to access that zero setting sensor as shown in the pic here... 20181215_173242.jpg

Now... the problem is with this SH-503 which does not have that port plate. I don't know where the zero setting prox switch is in this case... here is a pic of the machine I am working on now. 20181215_173409.jpg

I'm reading a lot of this stuff and the manuals on my mobile phone but even just opening up all the panels, I am running out of places to look.

You don't have a pallet on the B-axis. You need a pallet on to get a pallet seated confirmation and pallet clamp confirmation. You also need a pallet to align the b-axis, pallet face parallel to x-axis. You have two clamp confirmations, a pallet clamp and a b-axis table clamp, both are hydraulic. This B-axis is different from your other one, so you need to follow the reference procedure I sent you.

Basically, enter maintenance mode with M998 in MDI, then unclamp the table with M901 in MDI. You are going to turn parameter write on, set PMCPRM D0500 = 00000000 and G.DATA D0500 = +2 from present value. Write down what was in both so you can change them back. Change 1815.4 to a zero and cycle power, waiting one minute after powering down. After powering back up, press the "Standby" button and then the "spindle stop" button. Now you can rotate the b-axis with MPG. Rotate it one full turn and stop at zero position(assuming you have a pallet on and indicating the face to x-axis travel).

Once you have it dialed in, set PMCPRM D0500, and G. DATA D0500 back to original values and set parameter 1815.4 to a "1". Cycle power as before, power on and press "Standy" button, then zero return the b-axis. The table will clamp when it is referenced. There should be a 5-6mm gap between the table and saddle when the b-axis is fully clamped.

I sent you a step by step procedure that explains how to navigate to do each step I have described above. You have my number if you run into problems.

Thanks go out to OtherBrother. As so often happens while troubleshooting and fixing equipment, one solution leads uou farther doen the line to the next problem in the chain.

The 300 alarm can be cleared via OB's procedure, but I still have to solve why the b-acis home pos prox switch always reads active (dog detected) whether the dog is present or not. Next step is to dive into that chain. I hoped it was a cruddrd up switch, but that area of the machine looks surgically clean. I'm not complaining about that!

Is there a sensitivity setting somewhere for that switch possibly?20181220_213304.jpg

SOLVED!! Apparently, whoever worked on the machine prior to me wired the b-axis decel switch backwards and having 24v applied to the 0v teminal made the NO (Normally Open) switch read closed sp the PLC could never complete it's homing cycle. Thanks to Other Brotjer for the help who showed me a trick to display sensor data in the control that does not normally show up on the custom screen. That helped me diagnose the problem rather quickly.

Machine is up and running now! :-) Sooooooo glad tbay beeping bleeping alarm has finally shut off in the shop!

Back