What's new
What's new

Support for mori seiki

josefodunga

Plastic
Hi everyone,

Im in the process of negotiating a used mori seiki lathe but a little concerned about parts and service. Some people told me that since mori became dmg it has become harder to find parts and service for their previous machine. The lathe I'm looking is 2012 and has live tooling and y axis.

So if you had some experience or something with regards to service/parts that would be great.

Any and all help is appreciated.

The service and support network has definitely suffered to some extent. This is less because of the DMG influence, and more because of the decision to go to a direct sales/support model.

That said - parts support for any of the lathes (excluding some of the NT's) continues to be fantastic, and there are tons of independents who can work on them if you get desperate. The NLX 2500 has to be one of the best selling lathes in the US this decade. Even if you had NO support, I'd still recommend purchasing one if the pricing is reasonable - it probably won't need any service at all until you crash it.

The Florida DMG MORI crew was pretty solid the last time I had contact with them (a few years ago).

Back