What's new
What's new

SV009 following error during rapid (Mori SL-3H/Fanuc 11)

isaac338

Cast Iron
I've got an issue with my Mori Seiki SL-3H; if you turn rapids to 100% and rapid the X-axis, it alarms out with an SV009 excessive following error.

Turning the gain up on the amp doesn't fix the issue, nor does adjusting the gain parameter for that axis. The 18xx parameters for following error are correct per the Mori manual.

This machine was bought with a bent X-screw which has been replaced, but that doesn't rule out some other mechanical issue.

I haven't tried loosening up the gibs - what's the correct procedure for setting the gibs on this machine? Is there a servo load readout somewhere that can be used?

Thanks for any advice.

Hi isaac338,

We are having a similar issue where we get an SV009 error when rapid is set to 100%. Were you able to figure out your problem? Could you let me know what you did to solve it?

Thanks!

To All

My machine did the same thing, sv009 alarm on 100% only.

If you have ruled out mechanical binding and the servo gain RV1 is not responding, then check for weak magnets in your servo motor. Turn the machine off and remove the three motor leads (UVW) from the servo amplifier. Short any two motor leads together, now try to spin the motor by hand. You will feel a very distinct feedback in the shaft, and it will try to stop you from rotating the shaft if you spin it fast enough, feels like a brake is being applied. This is good a indication if the magnets are weak or not.

If you turn the gain all the up, and the motor does not sing and alarm, your motor maybe suffering from low Bemf due to the weak magnets.

So whats going is, your servo amplifier reads the Bemf of the servo motor and adjusts the torque command in the servo amp accordingly, since your motor has weak magnets it does not generate enough Bemf and the servo amp runs out of gain (max volume) as the motor tries to keep up with the amp.

The sv009 excess following error occurs because your servo amp tells the servo motor to go to a position, in certain amount of time, but the motor is weak and just cannot get there in time. Another name for this is servo lag. You can watch this occur on the diagnostic screen DGN 3000, the higher the number while moving, the more lag.

I replaced my servo motor in the end and had no more issues.

Hope this helps
Brian

Back