What's new
What's new

Tool changer locked up on Deckel Maho. Clearer explaination (I hope)

Owl Engineering

Plastic
I posted this problem below but I am starting over to try and make it clearer.
The control is a Siemens 840D. Machine is a Deckel Maho 103V machining center.

1. We power-up the machine.
2. The control shows a flashing light at the tool change buttons (purple and yellow).
3. When we press the white button to turn on the drives, the tool changer arm swings over into place under the spindle. The prox. switch in the rear lights to show the arm is in place.
4. We can hear the air operated grips activate (the ones that grab the pull stud on a tool holder).
5. The Z axis seems about half way down on top of a tool (all tools are out of the machine now for safety).
6. The machine simply holds in this position and does not move. Air blasting, pull stud puller fingers disengaged, turret in place under the spindle, the spindle not going up or down but is half way in between the tool change.

We have tried pressing the hand button, bring up the tool change screen and press the yellow and purple buttons back and forth which normally will bring the machine back to 0 in the tool change mode. Now it is stuck on tool 5 (we cannot get it back to 0).

At the moment, we can only email a video of the machine and it's problem. Please request the video if you would like to see it: [email protected]

If anyone knows of someone in South Eastern Michigan that could service the machine, please forward their name.

Thanks, Chuck

Ok.

Im sorry but Im doing this from memory.
You are going to have to release all axis in the 1/0 menu to be able to move the axis manualy/at all from the pos.
Do you know how to? passw. for access and so on?

my mail cliant is not prop. installed. so im kind of limping here ;)
but it would help to post a pic. of your control screen and also of the pos. of the spindle.

Getting into the PLC?

You are going to have to release all axis in the 1/0 menu to be able to move the axis manualy/at all from the pos.

but it would help to post a pic. of your control screen and also of the pos. of the spindle.

I think I can get into the PLC and I know the pass word. I will let you know my progress and thanks!
Chuck

Images of the Monitor

Images of the Monitor. I can take more if needed.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Deckel 103V monitor   1.jpg
    Deckel 103V monitor 1.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 744
  • Deckel 103V monitor  3.jpg
    Deckel 103V monitor 3.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 1,196
  • Deckel 103V monitor   2.jpg
    Deckel 103V monitor 2.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 1,147
I dont recomend changing any thing in the PLC unless you know verry well what your are doing and you have a fresh backup of your PLC, NC.
Beside I do not recall you being able to free the axis throw the PLC, but I might be wrong

More help please

I dont recomend changing any thing in the PLC unless you know verry well what your are doing and you have a fresh backup of your PLC, NC.
Beside I do not recall you being able to free the axis throw the PLC, but I might be wrong

Hello Nordic,

I should not have mentioned the PLC (I misunderstood). What do you recommend?

Thanks
Chuck

The vids played fine for me, but dang ... I gotta go find some Dramamine! (Gravel?) :willy_nilly:

-----------------

Think Snow Eh!
Ox

Door switch?

My 64V [a very different machine] does a similar thing, and we think it has to do with a balky tool door switch.

We have 2 prox. switches in the back of the machine so when the arm swings (air driven) the machine is told that the turret (tools) has swung to the spindle or back to it's resting position. We had changed the shock / stops with new ones but they were out of adjustment so the arm did not make it's full swing. We have wondered if the machine had swung out, missed the switch and came back when we dropped air pressure and made a return switch. This incorrect cycle (double return switching) might be why the machine is confused. We are guessing someone with the knowledge has to go into the computer and reset it.

Thanks for your idea.

Hello
I am having some error message on my Deckel maho DMU80P and unable to move the any of axis.
I get error E60 and when reset, error E18 appear, Error E18 describes start not intialted., while E60 decribe >reset tool broken memory.
Please advise.

Thanks

Back