What's new
What's new

Tool setup for DMG DMC103V with 840D control

markp

Hot Rolled
Im learning to use my new to me DMC103V. I downloaded the tool management manual and its 450 pages long!! Ive run many CNC controls since I started using CNC machine tools in 2000 but Ive never seen any control that has anything like this level of complexity for what should be simple tool management. Anyone have a simplified version of tool setting and tool loading for the 840D control that they could share?

I looked around further online and found the 840D manual for dummies! Just search SINUMERIK 810D/840D/840Di Beginner's Manual:. Its a old SinuTrain manual for students for the older versions of the 840D 810D and 840Di. Really good simple info on first time users of these controls.

Ok still too complicated and none of the manuals actually explains what the process is. Part of it is in the DMG manual and part of it that doesnt match my control is in the 840D manual. Can anyone walk me through the actual DMG setup? My tool screen looks like this after entering tool data. Everytime I try to do a toolchange I get a 171090 error. Seems so needlessly complicated.

Is there some button combination I need to press to activate a tool after its loaded? No real explanation of the process in my manuals.It just says to load the tools and assign them a number and its supposed to work as far as I can tell. There are siemenstalk terms like "duplo value" that are not explained.

Attachments

• tool list.jpg
    tool list.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 77

Back