What's new
What's new

Advice on spare parts for Charmilles

mgbuck34

Plastic
Posted this on a couple of other sites and thought I would share it here also.

Hello all, We are finally getting a new wire EDM for our plant. It is a Cut C 350 from Charmilles. We are replacing a Robofil 310 which replaced a Robofil 290. My boss told me to throw all of the spare parts in the 310 and we will take it to the scrap metal yard. My question is do any of the parts still fit all the way up from the late 90's to the new machine. I called up service at GFMS and posed that question and got an answer of the upper head is mostly the same he thought. Like bearings pulleys and even belts. The lower head is completely different per the tech. I have a lot of spare parts from the 290 and 310 which are interchangeable. When I say a lot these are new in the package bearings, springs, flush cups, guides, contacts ect. From anyone's experience do any of these parts stretch from the 290-310 to the new machines? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks , MIchael

I'm sorry I can't help with the interchangeability between the machines, but if the 310 still runs, I would list it for sale with the spare parts. You'll get way more than scrap price just for the spare parts!----------------------- John :cheers:

I'm not familiar with the Cut C 350, but the upper flush cup, guides and contacts MAY interchange as well as some of the pulleys and belts in the wire spool cabinet. Beyond that, I would say nothing else would interchange. Put the parts on Ebay (I may be interested) or contact EDM Dogs on Ebay. They buy tons of Charmilles machines and parts.

Update on new machine.

I'm not familiar with the Cut C 350, but the upper flush cup, guides and contacts MAY interchange as well as some of the pulleys and belts in the wire spool cabinet. Beyond that, I would say nothing else would interchange. Put the parts on Ebay (I may be interested) or contact EDM Dogs on Ebay. They buy tons of Charmilles machines and parts.

Getting the new machine in on Wednesday, I found out today that we are actually getting a Cut P 350 not a Cut C. This is a really good surprise.

contacts, guides if not worn, threading jets,wire panel, lotsa upper head parts. the bearings for the lower May be the same. P-350 is essentially a charmilles 240 machine tool.

contacts, guides if not worn, threading jets,wire panel, lotsa upper head parts. the bearings for the lower May be the same. P-350 is essentially a charmilles 240 machine tool.
Nothing with fit except upper contact
Please contact me for 10% off Novotec parts we can help you save some money
Novotec parts do not disappoint and the quality is always great
You really have to be careful what you buy
Low quality consumables wear parts cause all sorts of headaches

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Wondering how you made out with your new CUT 350P? Please tell us the good and any bad!
Well its been quite a while since I have had any time to browse the forums and just saw this, thought I would reply. I started my EDM career in the early 1990's
on a Japax machine that we used a paper tape to punch out programs with and have had new Agie pre Charmilles, new Mitsubishi and new Charmilles machines.
Also had many used machines of all makes. The Cut P 350 machine ranks up there overall with the best machines I have ran. I really dislike the key on the panel
that must be turned for manual movements. And by dislike I mean I hate the F*&(ing thing. I cuss it almost daily. The wire threader is super nice. When I keep it clean
it almost never misses a thread at any height. Also it is super fast as in a few seconds fast. I have taken the auto threaders off of most of the Mitsubishi machines
I have ran over the years with the exception of a couple that ran very long jobs. Why? I am glad you asked. Reason is time to drain the tank and refill it. Especially on tall parts, I can hand thread way faster with a Mits. in a fraction of the time as the auto threader. On the Cut P 350 there is no way I can get close to that. And the cleaning is no more than everyone should be doing on a weekly basis. 2 hours or so per week is average. The Cut P 350 is made for anyone with basic ability to be able to run with little to no experience. I would say it is the easiest machine to learn in the business. I cut 4 axis taper and tight tolerance parts regularly with no issues.
Is it my favorite machine ever? No. But it ranks up there and does everything I ask of it.

Back