What's new
What's new

Affordable wire EDM lighting solution

Nc_coder

Plastic
Hi Guys,

We just got a new wire machine but it is darker then looking in a coal mine. I was wondering what kind of affordable lighting solutions you guys are using out there. I priced some out but my Boss almost went into cardiac arrest when he saw the prices. :D I was looking into possibly using a waterproof LED gooseneck light with a magnetic base?

Thanks,

Nc_coder

I have an Ikea clip-on LED light on each of our machines. The light is on a gooseneck about a foot long so that I can aim it right where I want it. Works great for $14!

The new machine did not come with a light? That stinks, was it like a Haas style upgrade, $750 for a $50 light? :stirthepot:

Seriously though, I feel your pain. I ran an old charmilles 290 that the light burnt out, same thing, boss was gonna be damned before he had that thing replaced from charmilles! I ended up keeping a flashlight at the machine... :wall:

Hi Guys,

We just got a new wire machine but it is darker then looking in a coal mine. I was wondering what kind of affordable lighting solutions you guys are using out there. I priced some out but my Boss almost went into cardiac arrest when he saw the prices. :D I was looking into possibly using a waterproof LED gooseneck light with a magnetic base?
Thanks,
Nc_coder

I use a couple of these, one hung on each side of the tank. Work GREAT for me. Love them.

2351-20.jpg

12-Volt LED Stick Light | Milwaukee Tool

I also happen to have a couple aftermarket Shark lamps that came from a parts machine. If you wanted them I would make you one heck of a deal. :) Time to clean up the shop...

Barbuda, it's a submersible led light and works great.....magnetic clamps mounts to side of tank.

Hi Guys,

Thanks,

Nc_coder

Back