What's new
What's new

Aggie Charmille CUT20P

VictorStefan

Plastic
Hello all,
I have a problem when im trying to cut with angle.
As you can see in the photos (white countour is the main profile), i have problems when i try to cut with taper inside the original profile.
When i try to cut with taper outside the profile i have no problem...20180320_104157_HDR.jpg20180320_104211.jpg

Any1 is familiar with CUT20P erosion machine?

Are your corner radii smaller than the radius of your wire? Can you change to a smaller wire size? If not, can you get approval to change the geometry so that the smallest radius is bigger than the smallest offset you're using to cut this?

By the way, you should be able to check to find out if my theory is right by changing the tech to a smaller diameter and re-running the graphic check before you go to the trouble of actually switching spools.

EDIT: It occurred to me that instead of programming this straight with taper, you may have to program it as a ruled surface (4-axis cut) so that the corner has the same radius all the way from the top of your cut to the bottom. Based on the photos, it appears that it's failing because of the taper causing the rads to get smaller than the wire can cut.

Good luck, and don't be afraid to read your manuals!

Dan

If it was a radius/offset issue it would show up in the 2D version. most likely he has the planes set wrong. If you have a STD corner when tapering the corner will "grow" or "shrink" above or below the part. The shrink part is the issue but that may be below the bottom of your part. You are in graphic check, go to the settings in graphic check and put the proper values into the parameters then see how it draws up.

Back