What's new
What's new

Agie 200D with strange behavior !!!

claytonbraga

Plastic
Hello Everybody, My name is Clayton and I'm from Brazil, I have a Agie 200D +SF and my machine started to present a strange behavior, when I try to cut using Mode 6 the machine present short circuit error even before the wire be close to the workpiece. When I use mode 5 the machine start to cut but 1 or 2 seconds later the wire touch the workpiece but the machine not present the short circuit error and keep moving the x and y axis until force the wire on the workpiece and the wire broke due the mecanical stress.

I already checked the resistence between the wire and the table and is open circuit, I cleaned the eletrical contacts and the ground cables on the table, replaced the water and the resin, clean the condutibility sensor, replace the filters etc.

I'm really in trouble and loosing a lot of money with the machine stoped.

Any help will be great.

thanks in advance.

Clayton

Hello, sorry to ask again but someone have an idea what I can test to try to solve the issue??

I really in trouble with this problem!!!

Hi Clayton, your reference lines or fine module lines are open. do you have prints? check the gap boxes on the end of the upper and lower arms.There are 2 air lines to each box they should change state depending on the mode. I believe mode 0 is the fine finish mode so you should hear or see that the valve changes state. they are controlled by pneumatic valves on the back of the machine below the trough for the water to return to the DA. Hope this helps.

Hi Clayton, your reference lines or fine module lines are open. do you have prints? check the gap boxes on the end of the upper and lower arms.There are 2 air lines to each box they should change state depending on the mode. I believe mode 0 is the fine finish mode so you should hear or see that the valve changes state. they are controlled by pneumatic valves on the back of the machine below the trough for the water to return to the DA. Hope this helps.

Hello Agieman,

Thanks a lot for your answer, :)

What is the gap boxes? is this this box on picture below? I disassembled this weekend the lower arm to clean everything and I noticed that this box was totally filed with water and If I understood well, there is a "pneumatic cilinder" that make the eletrical contact inside, this "pneumatic cilinder" is tottaly stuck due the rusty. What I did was conect direct the eletrical contacts and this cilinder now is disabled. For me this not make any sense because the machine can conect or disconnect the lower wire eletrical contact, my understanding ir right? in wicht situation is necessary to disconect the lower eletrical contact?

Thanks again for your help.

Regards

Clayton

Attachments

• agie.jpg
    agie.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 142
Hi Clayton, it is necessary to disconnect the the long lengths of spark cable and main unit of generator in the SF (fine finishing) mode. there is a portion of the generator mounted in the machine for the fine finish. in addition to main cable there are 2 smaller lines FM and UFS you need to ohm them out and check for continuity. Do you have prints?

Hello Agieman,

Probably I will never use the SF module because for the job that I will perform with this machine the rugosity is not important, probably I will use only the mode 5 and 6.

Sorry I'm just bought this machine 2 months ago and I'm starting to use it now, what do you mean with prints? is the manuals and schematics? if yes, I have it and I tried to check it but didn't found any root cause on it(sorry if this is a newbie question).

Clayton.

find Fm and UFS lines in schematics there is a wid board on back of machine that all spark cables come into. - is to the carbides + to the table

I discovered one cable damaged on lower arm, after the repair of this cable the short circuit error disapeared,:D (picture attached) but now the machine are presenting a wire broken or not threaded in, error 420.

I cleaned and performed a visual check on the pulley on top of machine (pulley that have a pin with solenoid to perform a eletrical contact) I can see that the machine is able to active the solenoid but I dont know if this error can be related to this solenoid.

How the machine detect the wire broken?
This error apear for all operation Mode, and the machine keep in a loop presenting the error 420 and the message "Clear message" button pressed on handbox. withou any intervention.

I really don't know if ther are some relation between these two errors.

Clayton

Attachments

• agie2.jpg
    agie2.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 90
I discovered one cable damaged on lower arm, after the repair of this cable the short circuit error disapeared,:D but now the machine are presenting a wire broken or not threaded in, error 420.

I cleaned and performed a visual check on the pulley on top of machine (pulley that have a pin with solenoid to perform a eletrical contact) I can see that the machine is able to active the solenoid but I dont know if this error can be related to this solenoid.

How the machine detect the wire broken?
This error apear for all operation Mode, and the machine keep in a loop presenting the error 420 and the message "Clear message" button pressed on handbox. withou any intervention.

I really don't know if ther are some relation between these two errors.

Attachments

• agie2.jpg
    agie2.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 45
Hi Clayton, you are barking up the wrong tree on that one. that is to retract wire after a break. Here's what to do
thread the wire. with handbox on run the wire grab the black wheel and try and stop it from turning.it should break in between the heads. if not it will slip either around the black wheel or in the belts. it should not slip in either location. one other thing to check power down the machine and remove the black cover on the upper head be CAREFUL not to tug to hard. there is a black o-ring that drives an encoder it wraps around a black pulley and the center shaft of brake. make sure it is not broken.

I checked the black wheel (conofil wire brake)I stoped it manually and the wire slip during 1 or 2 seconds and then broke between the heads. Considering this I replaced one of the wire belts for a new one (I just have one) and I removed the black cover as you mentioned to check the oring that drive the encoder but this is ok, I noted that the timing belt was not tight and was sliping. I adjusted it and assemble everthing again.

The error of wire not thread in disappeared, but unfortunatelly the previous error from the begining of this thread (present short circuit error even before the wire be close to the workpiece on mode 6 and touching the workpiece withou short circuit erros on mode 5).

I believe that one error was treated as a priority by the machine and hid the other until it was fixed.

after that I did a jumper on WID-34A conecting the spark cables to the + and - from UFS to try to simulate the reference lines to the generator (picture attached). unfortunatelly nothing changed.

sorry for the long message....

Attachments

• agie3.JPG
    agie3.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 95
UPDATE:
I made a double check on all cables on upper and lower arms and I discovered more 3 cables damaged (+- UFS and FM). now all the erros disappeared, :D.

But unfortunatelly my machine still not working properlly, now I when I start a program using the Mode 5 the machine just start to move the axis if I put a very low TD parameter value (10 or 12) If I increase the TD parameter the machine stop the axis and not present any error, the wire keep running. the machine just acept to increase the TD value when the wire be close to the workpiece, I can increase the TD gradually accorgding the distance of wire to the workpiece.

After o lot of time tring to find a specific combination of parameters I was able to cut 10mm from a steel piece of 50mm high.

The process is vey unstable, for mode 6 i was not able to cut.... normally the wire broke when the spark open.

the conductivity is around 13, 14 uS and I notice that the machine works a litle be more stable when I put the K value = 15 instead of 10.

thanks for any help.

Clayton.

Clayton what settings are you using they should be
EROS T M=5 t=5 I=13 pr=10 p=13-20 Td=25 HC=6
EROS S cw=2 fw=17 Aw=120 B=1 K=10 Q=4 Str=2 Qo gage =5 bar. this is for CCA wire but brass will work as well Wire should be hard 900 or better. What wire are you using?

Hello Agieman,

Thanks again for your support, I spend a long time to answer because I was perfoming some test on the machine.

I performed a total clean process on water tank (I was suspecting from the water contamination.
After complete the tank with water and put a new resin, I was able to cut some jobs using your parameters, the machine works well with your parameters, I was not able to use M6 only in M5 with your parameters.

Yesterday I put additional ground cables on the table (attached picture) and finally the machine now started to acept the M6.

Considering this I believe that now the machine is working well.

PS: (I'm using the 900N brass wire )

Do you have some suggestion to parameters to be used on M6 mode? (your parameters for M5 was really good).

Normally the most jobs that I need to execute the tall of the workpiece is around 120- 180mm of high.

Thank you again for your support.

Clayton Braga.

Attachments

• cables.jpg
    cables.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 119
Hi Clayton, glad to hear it! on the back bottom ground cable there was a small reference line included. did you replicate it?

No, I just put additional cables, I keep all the original ones because I'm not sure if my cables can work well in high frequency.

In resume, I put 4 new cables in parallel with the original cables.

Hello Agieman,

Unfortunatelly I had bad news for me..... my machine started to present the same behavior again, (The can cut during 5 -10 minutes and then the wire touch the workpiece and not present any short circuit error, the axis keep moving forcing the wire trough the workpiece until the wire broke. If I stop the machine for some time and start again the machine start to work again during some minutes).
Considering this Isuspected that there is some overheating and I removed the air filter from the generator and the machine worked whel (more than 3 hour withou any issue).

The machine now just work without this air filter and not work on Mode 6 anymore.

Do you have some idea what board can cause this symptom? I suspecting from PRD boards, but I really don't know.

Thanks again for your help.

Attachments

• gerador.JPG
    gerador.JPG
    41.5 KB · Views: 55
i would keep the filter in if it generates an error msg open the opposite door and find the "spaceship" sensor at knee high height. jumper 2 wires together. your mode 6 problem is likely reference lines. the back ground strap has a separate smaller line in it it is connected directly to the spark cable. it connects on the lower head. the upper one connect the table to the grounding bar in the worktank. it is connected with a plastic screw and washers to insulate it.

Back