What's new
What's new

Agie 250 hss no error number or message displayed

MATT P

Plastic
I run a small engineering company in Plymouth UK and we have recently purchased an old AGIE 250 HSS WEDM
The machine runs fine but has stopped displaying any ERROR NUMBERS or messages. The machine runs the job and displays END JOB OK, but does not display any messages such 191 (automatic function ended) any more.
Prior to this fault the hard drive went down, this was replaced and machine runs. Do l need to switch the messages on, can any one help please?

Hi Matt,

When you say it's stopped displaying messages, is it on the top of the screen or the code down the left hand side of the erosion page? I ran one of these for years and never came across this. From memory if you go to the erosion page (is it alt and F1?) on that page press escape and I think there is an option to bring up the messages page. This will show all messages from when the machine was last shut down.

Have many happy memories running one of those.

Both the text message area top left hand side and the message/error number shown on the right hand area on the manual erosion page does not display. ie the top left should read for example AUTOMATIC FUNCTION ENDED and the corresponding message number 191 should be displayed on the right hand side. The machine is checking and acting on the errors, if I switch off the air supply the machine stops, however the text message Air pressure< 4.5 bar and the error message 256 is NOT displayed. If I correct the fault and reset the message the machine will continue to run OK. To go to the Machine-1 page and press ESC, an option to view the error log is shown, this error log does not show these messages at present. It did show all these messages before the problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

I'll be honest with you Matt, in 10 years of running one of these and the 350Hss, the bigger brother. I thought I had come across most problems with this type of machine but I've never seen that before.

Who did you buy the machine through? it wasn't CNC international was it? (not that there's anything wrong with them)

We have an agie AC100d and had something similar to what you described. Our machine wouldn't show any error messages and the colored box at the top was blank. Take a look at the picture I attached. I'm not entirely sure but I think the problem was with SBC-01(CRT) circuit board.

I hope this helps.
Alex

QKf7aMT47RA.jpg

Hi
Thanks for the information, I have checked the machine and cannot find that circuit board. Our machine looks similar as your photo but the message fields are all OK. Logic tells me that the we maybe missing a file (look up text file) on the hard drive? The sees and acts on an error such as low air pressure, but does not display the message.

Thanks Matt

Hi
Thanks, Logic tells me that the we maybe missing a file (look up text file) on the hard drive? The sees and acts on an error such as low air pressure, but does not display the message. I have been unable to determine how the error messages are stored or generated.

Thanks Matt

Matt,

I'm interested to know if you bought this from CNC international, as it could be our old machine and I'd be interested to know what happened to the old girl. We had some good times together.

Ah ok. Have EDM sales not offer to come and have a look at it?

If it was a mechanical issue I'd always have a go myself first as they are pretty straight forward and easy to work on, but anything electrical we always used Alan Carter at CNC International, he knows those machines pretty well and I know they are very reasonable on parts compared to Agie who I don't think support that machine anymore.

CNC International: EDM Service and Maintenance from the Spark Erosion Experts

Hi
EDM sales, have supported the machine well but on this issue they do not known the problem and have no idea what is wroung. I think i will try your cnntact at CNC International.

Thanks

I've spoken with Agie engineer who services our wire and has previously worked on our old 250, he said if you were to contact Agie he would probably get the job but but spares would be a lot more expensive through Agie and said you'd probably be better off going through CNC international. This probably sounds like I work for them! To be honest, the Agie engineer is better but the cost of spares would out weight the decision to go with them. If money isn't a problem then call Agie but if it is then go with CNC International.

Did you checked the CRT connections between the CRT circuir and SBC board? maybe can be something related to this. I have a Agie 200D that is very similar to this machine (older) and I never had this type of issue.

Back