What's new
What's new

Agie charmile:AC Classic V2 How to?...

mootrix

Aluminum
we had an incident where my work collegue got distracted and forgot to hit stop at the end of tag point, the punch he was wiring had dropped down and then the edm moved to the centre bending the punch and damaging the lower toroids.
i would like to know if we can put a stop command right after it finishes cutting the tag. i did ask agie trainer during training but he showed us how to use autofix.

is it possible to stick a stop command through peps or MDI mode.

Any suggestions would be helpful, thankyou

punch is too small to hold it with a magnet or stick shims or cardboard down the side btw.

You can do it in both, In peps under Preparation there is an option called extra m codes, comments & inserts, select this and assuming you're using the vision post then the the only available option will be to add an extra stop. When you select this option, it asked where you wan to add the stop, select the point on the profile and then an option box appears, then select the cuts you want to apply this to. I have only used this with the Agie 123 post and not vision, so I'm not 100% sure it'll will work but peps is pretty reliable, so would expect it to.

Thought there was also somewhere on the control you could add a stop but can't find it at this min

Thanks alot Matt, you have helped a great deal:). i think you should have trained us instead of Agie.

You're welcome, I assumed the peps method worked?

It's little things like that sometimes get over looked in the basic training. I think they like to keep things nice and simple as there is a lot to take in over the 2/3 days training esp if you haven't used a wire before.

I think I've found a way to do it on the machine, In piece editor, in the machining there is a tab called points. In there add a point and select the point on the geo where you want to add the point. Select the end of the contour. From there you can add an event to that point, if you add a stop there from the events list, that should work also. Not that I have tried this so would be worth a dry run.

You're welcome, I assumed the peps method worked?

It's little things like that sometimes get over looked in the basic training. I think they like to keep things nice and simple as there is a lot to take in over the 2/3 days training esp if you haven't used a wire before.

I think I've found a way to do it on the machine, In piece editor, in the machining there is a tab called points. In there add a point and select the point on the geo where you want to add the point. Select the end of the contour. From there you can add an event to that point, if you add a stop there from the events list, that should work also. Not that I have tried this so would be worth a dry run.

i couldnt get the stop commands to work from peps. no idea what im doing wrong. going to try it from agi vision using your point method now. thanks again Matt

Just realised I forgot to mention, once you have added the point, You need to edit the profile, in there select the setup tab above the quality / parameter tab, In there you need to tick the extra misc tick box. Try that.

After Numerous failed attempts imma give up for the time being, my heads about to explode. thanks again

When you come back to it this should make it clearer,

Peps.JPG

If you see the attached jpeg, when you edit your profile, click on the set up tab on the left hand side, this will open up the box on the right. click the box under extra misc and ok. Not sure if that is what your are doing?

TAG STOP.jpg

still no joy
check out the attached jpg to see where i'm going wrong.when i'm done with peps, i will select reverse cut in geomotry options and start my program. i have tried to put the stop command halfway down the tag but even then the stop wont work.

Can't really see why it's not working. That is exactly how I used to do it on the old control. So not sure why it's not working.

Maybe lets try going back to the events method, will try do a walk through tomorrow.

The thing that i dont understand is, if i run simulation within peps. the stop works, its only when it gets tranferred to the edm machine the stop disappears. maybe theres an option somewhere in pepsi for all of it to sync through.

It will do. On peps with the old agie post, it created a file called a geo file, this was like a typical milling g code file, that contained the line movements, misc functions like thread the wire, optional stops (like what you want), apply offset, called up the tec etc, and it worked very well. With peps I assume you import the file in the control as a script file, rather than just the Iso?

I assumed that somehow that peps would apply this M01 in the script file. As it's pretty good when it creates the script file and normally requires very little editing once in the control.

i do import it as a script file, its a shame i cant go through the actual script file and stick a code in there somewhere to stop it. i tried an attempt to alter the script file but its locked. Theres my plan Z gone

Must be that the optional stop isn't support with the Vision post then.

I've attached the section from the manual on points. If you add a point just before the point on the element where you lead on and off to the profile and then add a stop event. That should work

Point 1.JPGPoint 2.JPG

ive managed to follow your intructions on "Points" but i'm confused on how to add an event to that point. i thought maybe the name of my point would appear amongst the events list.

Thanks again for your help.

ive managed to follow your intructions on "Points" but i'm confused on how to add an event to that point. i thought maybe the name of my point would appear amongst the events list.

Thanks again for your help.

Think when you create the point and give it a name you need to click on the events tab and then assign stop from the events list. Once you've done that click add.

Looking at the events list there is a event called stop. Think that is the one you want.

still not sure how to link the events to the points however i have tried putting a "stop" at event AESR machining;erosion: drop out part to be removed. it still went back to the starthole.

then i tried scfs;working step:Absolute end of seperation cut and then same again. tried a couple more along the list which i thought would work. the darn thing always goes to the middle no matter what i do.

What does the actual code for your part look like? There should be some place that you can view the actual code for the program that you are running.

I think surely the machine would have some kind of file editor and you just need to insert a M00 at the place where you want to stop. This stops the program execution until the start button is pressed.

My machine is older and I use BOB-Wire that doesn't seem to be capable of a post that will actually work so I always go to my code and manually insert all of my stops and other commands before sending the file to the machine.

Gary

The Vision control works different, I doesn't have a g code program as such that you can edit and insert M00.

still not sure how to link the events to the points however i have tried putting a "stop" at event AESR machining;erosion: drop out part to be removed. it still went back to the starthole.

then i tried scfs;working step:Absolute end of seperation cut and then same again. tried a couple more along the list which i thought would work. the darn thing always goes to the middle no matter what i do.

To link the point to the event use Point on the contour reached. If that doesn't work try putting the stop on the Absolute end of contour cut or Physical end of contour cut, see what that does.

Sadly I'm not on the machine so I can't try them out before asking you to try them.

Back