What's new
What's new

Agie Charmille Cut200/300

mootrix

Aluminum
anyone with experience running any of these agie machines give me some info because what im being taught by someone, doesn't make any sense to me.

when edge finding I noticed the lad teaching me has a added value of 0.5 in the measure cycle.
after edge finding is done he enters 0.5 mm in the opposite direction + half of the wire thickness.

sax,p,x-0.625. (measuring something on the right hand side of the table --> [ )

surely you would just need to edge find with no added value in the measuring cycle and the machine should work out the centre according to whatever wire thickness. ive used an AC classic and thats how it works on there.

Cheers

Is he comping for something else and just trying to do it one cycle? IIRC on a 290/310 wire edm, the command was -
edg,x, x-.0052 (.010" wire, touching to the right) or something...

Not sure why the additional value he is putting in.

Is he comping for something else and just trying to do it one cycle? IIRC on a 290/310 wire edm, the command was -
edg,x, x-.0052 (.010" wire, touching to the right) or something...

Not sure why the additional value he is putting in.

not sure what he is doing to be honest, I don't think he knows himself. I can understand adding 0.125 because maybe the wire edm doesn't work out the centre of the wire with one simple edge find but adding 0.5 then going back 0.625 is just plain stupid. after he enters sax,p,-0.625 he does home the machine [Home P}

on the AC classic i normally just do the measure find and it automatically enters the value's in the relevant field. i'd just run the job, I wouldn't need to dick around with anything else apart from z height

Last edited:
Should have 0.00 in the measuring cycle unless he is compensating for material to be removed or his origin is in a different location than being picked up on. Sounds as though he is doing a full circle......edge find and move to zero if you have 0 inside measuring cycle.

he is duplicating the function. does he have the X value to be entered at 0.0000. if so, then the center of the wire will be zeroed on the edge of the part and it will automatically comp for the wire, if the correct wire is active in the wire table.

Back