Agie Charmille Cut200/300
Close
Login to Your Account
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default Agie Charmille Cut200/300

anyone with experience running any of these agie machines give me some info because what im being taught by someone, doesn't make any sense to me.

when edge finding I noticed the lad teaching me has a added value of 0.5 in the measure cycle.
    after edge finding is done he enters 0.5 mm in the opposite direction + half of the wire thickness.

sax,p,x-0.625. (measuring something on the right hand side of the table --> [ )

surely you would just need to edge find with no added value in the measuring cycle and the machine should work out the centre according to whatever wire thickness. ive used an AC classic and thats how it works on there.

Cheers

2. Likes Mike1974 liked this post
    Country
    UNITED STATES
    State/Province
    Florida
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Is he comping for something else and just trying to do it one cycle? IIRC on a 290/310 wire edm, the command was -
    edg,x, x-.0052 (.010" wire, touching to the right) or something...

Not sure why the additional value he is putting in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1974 View Post
    Is he comping for something else and just trying to do it one cycle? IIRC on a 290/310 wire edm, the command was -
    edg,x, x-.0052 (.010" wire, touching to the right) or something...

Not sure why the additional value he is putting in.
    not sure what he is doing to be honest, I don't think he knows himself. I can understand adding 0.125 because maybe the wire edm doesn't work out the centre of the wire with one simple edge find but adding 0.5 then going back 0.625 is just plain stupid. after he enters sax,p,-0.625 he does home the machine [Home P}

on the AC classic i normally just do the measure find and it automatically enters the value's in the relevant field. i'd just run the job, I wouldn't need to dick around with anything else apart from z height
    Last edited by mootrix; 12-03-2019 at 02:21 PM.