What's new
What's new

Agie Charmilles CUT200SP

GABE SCHNEIDER

Plastic
After having this machine for 5 years and only 5,000 hours, it appears that we have a lead screw & bearing problem where they need to be replaced. After talking to charmille they said it could be due to lack of greasing or not doing so upon the grease cycle request. I can understand that but it is hard to beleive because the machine is so new with such low hours. I have always greased the machine when needed and have 4 other machines that I do the same maintenance on and have never had that problem before. Those machines have between 20,000-50,000 hours on them.

I am getting a (collision y- error) it does ok on straight cuts sometimes but it appears mostly when it gets into having to do a radius cut. Any help or advice from anyone else that may have or has encountered this issue would be appreciated

possible that the new brushless motor or bad parts out of the box on there end could be the result?

Side note the first year we recieved this machine we had the boards burn up and charmilles had to replace them at there expense under warrantry ( $25,000 )

It wouldn’t surprise me that it’s a +GF+ fuck up. In 2015 I saw 3 brand new machines in our tool room, a sparker, a VMC and a hole popper. They all had to have work done under warranty in the first 12 months.

Welcome to the world of GF Machining Solutions. My blood pressure has went down drastically since we stopped using these machines.

Yes, I had a service tech come out to look at that issue and also step up the software to the latest version. He recognized I had plenty of grease on all the axis and that it was most likely the lead screw and bearings. It is going to cost us $2,500 to replace.. so I will see if that actually fixes the problem after it is changed out. If it fixes the issue and we have to pay for that I will find that very frustrating when it was probably just a bad part on there end out of the box like all the new boards that burnt up within the first 12 months.

Welcome to the world of GF Machining Solutions. My blood pressure has went down drastically since we stopped using these machines.

Yeah I wish I could say the same.. Unfortunately having 5 Charmilles machines is going to keep my blood pressure high for quite sometime lol

Dear Mr Schneider, I’m sitting in Switzerland In AgieCharmilles Headquarters, tproducer of EDM Machines, included CUT 200 SP product. I’m the Manager of Technical , Application and Sales Support. I have been informed about your report by a colleague that has seen it in this forum.
We are sorry for this situation. In order to analyze your case, I need to know more details. Could you please send me the machine serial number, the exact name and address of your company and the contact person that you have contacted in our Sales Company in US?
I will try to help and clarify this situation.

Best Regards
Massimo

Dear Mr Schneider, I’m sitting in Switzerland In AgieCharmilles Headquarters, tproducer of EDM Machines, included CUT 200 SP product. I’m the Manager of Technical , Application and Sales Support. I have been informed about your report by a colleague that has seen it in this forum.
We are sorry for this situation. In order to analyze your case, I need to know more details. Could you please send me the machine serial number, the exact name and address of your company and the contact person that you have contacted in our Sales Company in US?
I will try to help and clarify this situation.

Best Regards
Massimo

Thank you Massimo for reaching out and your concern regarding my machine's current issue. Can I please have your email address to send you the information you are asking for?

Back