What's new
What's new

Agie Charmilles (+GF+) Cut 300SP Reliability Issues

Aodin

Plastic
Greetings from Czech republic,
I am new at this site and my English is poor, so sorry in advance.
Three month ago our company brought new WEDM AgieCharmilles Cut 300Sp.
At first I was amazed but later many breakdowns ocured. We had some problems with Overpressured lower head, broken bearing on wire chopper, software colapsed. Calling customer support almost every week. Is there anyone with some experience with this machine? Currently I am having problem with collisions. Sometimes machine stops, showing error that collision on AXE V+ and V- occured (both at the same time). Any suggestion? Thnx for reply.:scratchchin:

Cut 300sp

Greetings from Czech republic,
I am new at this site and my English is poor, so sorry in advance.
Three month ago our company brought new WEDM AgieCharmilles Cut 300Sp.
At first I was amazed but later many breakdowns ocured. We had some problems with Overpressured lower head, broken bearing on wire chopper, software colapsed. Calling customer support almost every week. Is there anyone with some experience with this machine? Currently I am having problem with collisions. Sometimes machine stops, showing error that collision on AXE V+ and V- occured (both at the same time). Any suggestion? Thnx for reply.:scratchchin:

company I work for had the 200ms model, and in the end the machine sat mostly unused and then sold off. the reason the machine was brought in was because the shop had Charmille 40 and 30 series machines and also 50 series. having much success with them we figured the cut200ms would be great machine. We had same exact issues you are having . also Technology issues. you need to have GF in and fix the problem. I would be looking at the new CUT350 P series. good luck !!

Hi Aodin,

I run a Charmilles Robofil 240SL in the Netherlands - quite similar to your machine. I love the machine and its reliability. As long as you inspect and clean the lower head regularly. It helps if hou have some wear parts in stock in case of problems.

About the collision errors: they appear when the machine measures that the difference between the lineair scales and rotary encoder of an axis is too big. Which is usually caused by a collision. There is a button called "reset HER" in my software. (On the screen where the CNC hours are.) I don't know if you have it too. That button might help the error message disappear. If the error keeps coming back, you might need to call a GF service technician.

Good luck!

Did you ever get tot he cause of the Collision alarms? The company I work for purchased 3 CUT200sp, 1 CUT300sp, and 1 FORM200. One of the 200sp machines is consistently having this issue, not to mention failed drain gates in all, and the HPF Generator board failed when the machine is not even yet a year in production work here.
Regards

I run a Charmilles Robofil 240SL in the Netherlands - quite similar to your machine. I love the machine and its reliability. As long as you inspect and clean the lower head regularly. It helps if hou have some wear parts in stock in case of problems.

We run 2 of the Robofil 240 machines and a robofil 290 and they are awesome machines, thats why we bought the GF machines but unfortunately they are not even in the same league

I have a problem and the machine does not work
Alarm RTS-0006
Panne du capteur analogique 4 ... 20ma

Is there any solution
Thanks

Back