What's new
What's new

Agie Charmilles P350

Girl23

Aluminum
Company I work for is buying another Agie Charmilles, looking at the P350. Does anyone have one already and how does it perform? We have two progress vp2's and have issues threading through start up holes, us the p350 better?

In my opinion the Vee guide set up on the Agie Machines just isn't as good of a threading system as the Cutp series. 2 completely different threading set ups. I love the Agie VP and cut 2000 but threading small start holes is a pain and I do feel the Vee guide set up threads better with smaller wire as it doesn't curl as much once past the brake and flows with the jet. I love the vP for its generator and vision control. I'm Intresed in the new PSeries also as I ran Charmille 40 series. It looks like PSeries has very solid technologies and very good threading systems for all types of wire also. Let us know how the PSeries runs!!

I definitely let you know about the Pseries. It supposedly has the best of both worlds, same generator as the VP. As far as the v guides, we are use to changing guides with the two Mits we have, we will do anything to have reliable threading. Running 6 wire edms, and two edm sinkers simultaneously can be a hassle when the agies want to be temperamental. Forget lights out running when you have to manually thread every start up hole!!!!!

I definitely let you know about the Pseries. It supposedly has the best of both worlds, same generator as the VP. As far as the v guides, we are use to changing guides with the two Mits we have, we will do anything to have reliable threading. Running 6 wire edms, and two edm sinkers simultaneously can be a hassle when the agies want to be temperamental. Forget lights out running when you have to manually thread every start up hole!!!!!

I can relate BIG time! I had a company hire me to just run there Agie Cut 2000S with dual heads . most the time i loved the machine but did have to hit the big red button way to much to clear " glitches" it did always recovery well and restart amazingly ! and it cut very perfect geometries and finishes. could split tenths all day easy. i found it threaded way better with smaller wire. .006 and .004 almost never missed threaded where .008 and .010 would have on same feature... my theory was that the larger the wire the more memory and tension was created passing around the upper brake mechanism. i did everything i could to get that machine to thread, drain tank and kick UV, adjust the jet perfect. i even made a plastic ring for upper head to deflect the dam run off from power feed opening. once the wire makes contact it pushes right back up and it must not take much force, you could always see the wire curl back up just past the " pizza cutter" . I got around most the threading issues by having to design and sequence all start holes and cuts in certain orders . but if features had cross sections or counter bores forget it!! again the geometries and finishes it produced where the best i have seen. The Agie P series has me most interested ! i like the annealing threading for all types of wires and it also shows to have very good technologies . i wonder how the lower head will be configured though? like charmille 40 series? i don't think you can beat a round guide machine with good anneal and straight options on the AWT. im looking at Agie VP3 and also the 350P. will have to check back with you once you are running it.

We`re getting our P350 tomorrow. High hopes on the threading, will keep everyone posted.Actual installation is July 10, and training not til late July so it will be a while before I make any sparks but still very excited!

We`re getting our P350 tomorrow. High hopes on the threading, will keep everyone posted.Actual installation is July 10, and training not til late July so it will be a while before I make any sparks but still very excited!

Ok so how's that new 350P running? I hope you are having great success with it !!

So far so good. A couple little quirks but nothing too major. So far its been a pretty ez transition from Mits. Great finishes! Also, all the techs are new to this machine too, so a little learning curve on both ends.

Our P350 has arrived, our set up date is March 5. I am most excited about starting it up. Any advice on this machine would be greatly appreciated. It appears to be built like our Mits.

Our P350 has arrived, our set up date is March 5. I am most excited about starting it up. Any advice on this machine would be greatly appreciated. It appears to be built like our Mits.

Built like a Mits?

Hi Girl. The company that had the P350 I ran decided they no longer needed me. Anyhow, I`m at a different place running a 200SP. Very simaliar machine. I did get a few months on the P , so if you have any issues, I might be able to offer advice. Awesome machine BTW!

Yeah it appears to use the same kind of filters, diamond guides, and thread up is all in the front. Similar anyway. From what the sales rep told us the control is more like the Mits.

Built like a Mits?

Sorry to hear that. But yeah I'm sure you guys will definitely see me back with questions. Lol. I hope it is as awesome as they talked it up!!!

Hi all, i set up a job for a customer. .008 wire through .014 holes, 4 per job job. the program cycles every 15 minutes. set the machine to drop the tank so operator would know when cycle was done. they have had the machine for 2 months now and i have heard nothing. you know what they say about no news so....
Girl you will miss some of the functions in vision if you use them. the P350 is a G code driven machine like the legacy charmilles and mitzs and others.Are you going to Charlotte for training?

Yes, we already regret going with the P350 and we haven't even used it yet. The convenience of importing geometry and running with it is the thing we most will miss. I have just now started experimenting with the sectors on the vision control. I'm sure I am only scratching at what this machine can do. As far as I know, you all are sending a guy to our company to train us. I don't think they have a machine in Charlotte do they?

Hi all, i set up a job for a customer. .008 wire through .014 holes, 4 per job job. the program cycles every 15 minutes. set the machine to drop the tank so operator would know when cycle was done. they have had the machine for 2 months now and i have heard nothing. you know what they say about no news so....
Girl you will miss some of the functions in vision if you use them. the P350 is a G code driven machine like the legacy charmilles and mitzs and others.Are you going to Charlotte for training?

don't think they have one yet. i have an E-350. miss my vision already. now i have to learn G code too. you kept the vision machine yes? you will have the best of both worlds!

Yes we now have two of the progresses and the P350. We like the agies when they run with no glitches. Lol. She is like a woman, a little temperamental but extremely accurate.

don't think they have one yet. i have an E-350. miss my vision already. now i have to learn G code too. you kept the vision machine yes? you will have the best of both worlds!

P350

We have our P350 set up and running. It is going to be an adjustment to get use to the machines little quirks. Yes, I prefer the vision control. Our probe seems to have an issue. It's throwing an alarm saying the reference plane is below the table I think. We have hit a stumbling block with the esprit.....is it possible you could give me a step by step process to program a part with taper using the old millennium post. Seems as though we are unable to find where to describe the taper. Thanks!

We have our P350 set up and running. It is going to be an adjustment to get use to the machines little quirks. Yes, I prefer the vision control. Our probe seems to have an issue. It's throwing an alarm saying the reference plane is below the table I think. We have hit a stumbling block with the esprit.....is it possible you could give me a step by step process to program a part with taper using the old millennium post. Seems as though we are unable to find where to describe the taper. Thanks!

How are you getting on with the P series? I am in charge of our 3 200sp machines and a 300sp amongst 240s, a 290 and some sinkers.
We are having big problems with t code taper cutting on our machines as they destroy the small (0.25) radius' and support are having trouble finding the issue. Would love to hear feedback on the P series as the bosses tell me the 240s are coming up due for retirement.
Cheers.

Back