What's new
What's new

Agie in China

Don't hold me to this but when George Fischer started buying out all the European machine manufactures such as Mikron, Agie and Charmilles in the mid 90's, he also bought out ActSpark a Chinese manufacture. So he had machines designed in Europe and made in China. We got a charmilles hole popper in 2006 that came in a crate saying made in China. We never bought a charmilles or GF machine after that.

I know that GF owned AgieCharmilles has had 2 factories in China since 2009. They may have more by now. Not sure if their entire line is made there, or just some models. China is a big market for them as well, which is another reason to manufacture there.

I know Charmilles has a lower cost line that is made in China, I don't think all of them are though.

Also, Chmer in Taiwan used to build the hole poppers for Charmilles back in the early 00s. They are very good machines, we've had two of the Chmer branded ones for almost 20 years.

+GF+ machines are majority made in china. If you specifically ask for a Swiss-made machine, in writing, they will send you one out of the remaining european factory, but this option will significantly increase the price. If you care about country of origin, ask for it in writing alongside your quote.

After viseting AgieCharmilles in Switzerland 2 years ago I can say that cut p, and CUT xxxx machines are made there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the wire machines, only the CUT E and CUT C series are built in China. All the other (CUT P, CUT 1000, CUT X000,OILTECH,and Progress) are built in Switzerland.

Calling BS here on Sodick guy! But just a little! Cut(wire) and FORM (sinker) E machines are made in China. But only the machine tool. CUT and FORM P machines are made in Losone,SW. CUT P 1250 (giant machine) may have Chinese machine tool. CUT C machines are P machines made in China but stay in China. ALL CUT 1000 , 2000, 3000 machines AND ALL Progress machines are made in Switzerland. So if you order a P machine or a 1000 series machine it WILL be made in Switzerland. No need to ask in writing unless you consider asking for a certain model " asking in writing". Also, the price is higher on Swiss machines but some of it is because of options that come with it as well. E machine Vs P machine is ~$25k difference. DRILL 20's are made in china. FYI: cut P machines are the 240, 440, 640 machines Charmilles used to make and CUT X000's and Progresses are machines Agie used to make.

From what I remember - AGIE was trying to have manufacturing in various countries with machines specially built for that country. AGIE Beijing built a machine for China and then they purchased ELOX for the American market and they built the Americut which was the early version of the HSS generator. I still have the video of the release of the Americut!!

Americut i haven't heard that name in a while! would love to see the video! you are correct most China made machines stay in China.

Back