What's new
What's new

AGIE Classic V - 2 Upper Current Pick Up Pad Issue

tenharper

Plastic
Hello Everyone,

I've caught a snag with a 10-15 year old AGIE machine - no matter what I do, the machine always reports that there's no wire detected at the "Upper Current Pick Up Pad".

Now, I've cleaned the pad and placed it back into position about a dozen times now, restarted the machine about 6 times, ran a bunch of wire, but the wire is just never detected at the pick up pad. Has anyone ever had this problem, and what would you recommend for me to try to troubleshoot it? I've looked in the manual and can't find anything, but the manual is a bit obtuse.

I'm a newer EDMer - I've got about 30 cuts under my belt (about 200 machine hours). This problem started occurring once I did the "40 hour maintenance" routine. So I disassembled the top & bottom head and cleaned all the parts they recommended and put it all back together, and since then, the wire isn't detected at all at the upper current pick up pad.

Any help on this would be huge. Thanks

download_20200203_121531.jpg

I had this problem due to oxidation of contact , i took out and cleaned contact and contact support with sandpaper and it recognized the wire after that.

I think there is a sensor right where the wire enters the upper head. Its a black plastic piece with a wire attached to the side. Wire is being held in by a set screw. On the agies I run inside that black round plastic is a round polished carbide sensor. When the wire is threaded the wire must make contact with that carbide piece. Also check to see if there is a groove or dirt on the polished area and the wires are in the correct spot. Good Luck!uph2.jpg

Back