What's new
What's new

Agie repair / Rich Cotti contact info

Bluechipx

Hot Rolled
I used an Agie repair tech a few years ago from the Chicago area. The phone number I have is no longer valid. Does anyone have contact info for Rich Cotti?

The machine is a sinker, a Mondo 50. Actually I recently acquired it and I am having trouble programing it and need a few hours of basic training to get me started. The manual shows many screens for programming and I just can't seem to get to them. I would be willing to pay someone for a few hours of instructions, just the very basics at this time would be all that I would ask. Someone familiar with a Mondo 50 dated from around 2000 may even be able to get me going with a phone conversation.

The machine is a sinker, a Mondo 50. Actually I recently acquired it and I am having trouble programing it and need a few hours of basic training to get me started. The manual shows many screens for programming and I just can't seem to get to them. I would be willing to pay someone for a few hours of instructions, just the very basics at this time would be all that I would ask. Someone familiar with a Mondo 50 dated from around 2000 may even be able to get me going with a phone conversation.
I trained and set up a modo at ford a few years ago....where are you located

Sent from my LM-X410PM using Tapatalk

I trained and set up a modo at ford a few years ago....where are you located

I live in west Michigan (Muskegon)
I can't even make it to simple one axis burns. There were several lines of commands in the control when I got it, I probably should have edited the previous programs instead of deleting every line. Possibly one of the axis zeros shouldn't have been zeroed, (home, machine, relative etc), because a simple command to burn say -1.000 in Z shows "burn has completed" as soon as cycle start is pushed.

Hi,

I used to run a mondo 20 (same controller I think) from the same era. It’s dead easy to programme.

Move to page 2 or 3 ( can’t remember which one) to find the programming page.

For a one cavity burn all you need to do is below-

Move the cursor to job selection and type one and enter.

Clear the programme

Press the next button until you get an X ABS in line 1 and put the x pos in the box next to it.

The same until Y ABS is elected and type pos in.

(You don’t need to put a z position that’s covered in the erosion settings)

Then on line 3 go through the functions until you get erosion.
Then next to erosion type 1

In line 4 go through the functions until stop is selected.

That’s the programme finished.

Now you need to programme the erosion.

Move to the left side of the page and move to erosion 1

Then for example type 1007 in power setting (was a basic steel to copper one I can remember)

Then select depth, up stop, the uni gap if needed, orbit and underside/SG. and protections ( you don’t need to do anything apart from depth to just get it burning)

Then move the blue curser over to line 1 of the programme then press cycle start. The tank will fill automatically.

The programme will run through then the head move up to the selected up stop.

I handy tip is to move the blue cursor over any box and press the help button for a definition of anything. Also moving the cursor to the top left corner where the page number is and pressing 9 and enter will open up automatic erosion programming which works pretty good for how primitive is it but it’s not essential to do simple burning.

If you need any help you can email and what’s app video call?

Luke, I will try your instructions first thing tomorrow. Here is one possible problem, when the machine arrived a board had come loose and was hanging by the wire that goes up to the monitor. There were three possible slots that the board could have dislodged from. The picture shows the place I put it in, the one furthest to the right. The felt tip pen is pointing to the board, with the two other slots ( white ) to the left that would also accept the board.

Test.jpg

I’ll be honest here, I love programming and setting sparkers but I haven’t the foggiest about the electircals behind them.

When you get a chance send me a photo of the programming page when you’ve tried again, and I’ll see if I forgot anything

The video card can be plugged into any of the PCI slots(smaller buss).
Also this machine appears to be a Mondo Star. Does it have a mouse and
mouse tray on the front of the machine? If so, it is a Mondo Star and
programs quite a bit differently than a Mondo.

The video card can be plugged into any of the PCI slots(smaller buss).
Also this machine appears to be a Mondo Star. Does it have a mouse and
mouse tray on the front of the machine? If so, it is a Mondo Star and
programs quite a bit differently than a Mondo.

You are right, it is a mondo star, mouse and tray in front. Hopefully it is a model that is somewhat difficult to program, that way I don't feel (quite) as stupid for having trouble doing it!

As far as I know the mondo star programs like its successor the Agie Spirit

I live in west Michigan (Muskegon)
I can't even make it to simple one axis burns. There were several lines of commands in the control when I got it, I probably should have edited the previous programs instead of deleting every line. Possibly one of the axis zeros shouldn't have been zeroed, (home, machine, relative etc), because a simple command to burn say -1.000 in Z shows "burn has completed" as soon as cycle start is pushed.
Im in kalamazoo call me if you need help 269 223 1620

Back