What's new
What's new

AgieCharmille Cut E 350 - Cutting Issue

JP-WEDM

Plastic
Hi

Can anyone who also have a AgieCharmille Cut E 350 or worked on one, give me some advice. I recently started at a new place and this is one of the machines I work on. It cuts fine when I clamp a job where the top and bottom nozzle is 0.008" from the job surface. But when that is not possible and I have the upper or lower head at any distance more than 0.1" away from job is starts breaking wire on the main cut very often, I have to lower the P value very significantly to stop these breaks and thus the machine cuts 2 to 3 times slower on the main cut than it should.
I mailed the people at @georgfischer.com but they told me that this is normal and there is nothing to be done about it.
I have worked on a couple of other machines and brands and although flushing is important it never made such a HUGE impact. Is there anything I'm missing, or something else that I can do when cutting jobs that are not flush on this machine to improve the speed.

Thanks
JP

ok so first off when you made the technology did you choose a poor flushing condition? you do this by picking the middle tile in the EDM expert page under conditions

Back