What's new
What's new

Mitsubishi FX20 - wire breaking problem, slow machining

satsun

Plastic
Hi
my friend have problem with FX20, the machining is very slow, unstable and wire breaking occurs frequently so the machine is unusable.

We did some tests.

1. Material height about 30-40mm - machining on PM (adjustment form -5 to 0) is possible, wire is breaking after 20-50 minutes. If the PM setting is above 1 wire is breaking after few seconds. Without PM wire breaking very frequently, breaking point in material near lower head.

2. Material height about 110mm - machining on PM (adjustment -5 to 0) - cutting about 5min and after that wire break, FA is fluctuating all the time from 0 to 1,2.
Without PM - wire breaks few seconds after touching material.
Wire breaking in material near lower head.

Machine was cleaned, power feeds are new, cables checked. Mits serviceman checked the machine, cleaned, replaced upper and lower brass heads(elements in which are power feeds, used but better condition), adjusted wire tension, adjusted some voltages, checked with scope, everything is ok according to him but he doesn't have idea what to do.

Maybe someone hear will suggest what we sould check or repleace, other test to do?

Best regards

Hi
my friend have problem with FX20, the machining is very slow, unstable and wire breaking occurs frequently so the machine is unusable.

We did some tests.

1. Material height about 30-40mm - machining on PM (adjustment form -5 to 0) is possible, wire is breaking after 20-50 minutes. If the PM setting is above 1 wire is breaking after few seconds. Without PM wire breaking very frequently, breaking point in material near lower head.

2. Material height about 110mm - machining on PM (adjustment -5 to 0) - cutting about 5min and after that wire break, FA is fluctuating all the time from 0 to 1,2.
Without PM - wire breaks few seconds after touching material.
Wire breaking in material near lower head.

Machine was cleaned, power feeds are new, cables checked. Mits serviceman checked the machine, cleaned, replaced upper and lower brass heads(elements in which are power feeds, used but better condition), adjusted wire tension, adjusted some voltages, checked with scope, everything is ok according to him but he doesn't have idea what to do.

Maybe someone hear will suggest what we sould check or repleace, other test to do?

Best regards

I'm not familiar with Mits WIRE EDM but what are your conditions? Are both the upper and lower heads flush with the part or open upper or both open? Hows your flushing?

Mitsubishi serviceman checked flushing and it's good. During test cuts the nozzle gap were 0.2mm. I have the same machine and we can compare behaviour between these two machines, flushing is nearly the same. Flowmeteres show above 2-8l/min depending the gap and setting, but we will check it again.

Thanks for advice.

Back