What's new
What's new

Agiecut Wire EDM issues

Nj machinist

Plastic
Hello, I have a Agiecut Sprint Wire edm. I believe it is close to an Agiecut 100. I was hoping someone can help me. I am having a problem with short circuit. The machine cuts fine until it goes into a corner. Once in or close to a corner, it short circuits and stops. I tried a large radius, small radius and no radius. All with the same effect. Can anyone direct me on what to do or try?

Thanks in advance

Thanks for the reply. I never had to change this. Can you tell me how to change the corner strategy?

Thanks Again

it is the str value or the erosion S page i believe. i am not sure this is the problem though because you state it will happen in a sharp corner. By sharp corner you mean no radius at all yes?

Thanks, I will try this tomorrow morning. I will be sure to update my findings. I greatly appreciate your help.

Hello,
I tried this and the only thing that changed was the machine didn't go into short circuit. It kept backing away from the corner and then moving toward the corner continuously. Never did it try to turn the corner. I hope that makes sense. Just trying to figure this out. I appreciate your time.

I was trying this on 1.5 thick material, I tried the same cut on 1/2" thick material and it cut almost as it should with the original strategy setting.

Thanks

Support

Hello,
I tried this and the only thing that changed was the machine didn't go into short circuit. It kept backing away from the corner and then moving toward the corner continuously. Never did it try to turn the corner. I hope that makes sense. Just trying to figure this out. I appreciate your time.

I was trying this on 1.5 thick material, I tried the same cut on 1/2" thick material and it cut almost as it should with the original strategy setting.

Thanks

Try calling GFMS (847) 955-7100 ask for either Marc Godin or Tony Zienner.

What kind of material are you cutting? I had the same problem once, it turned out it was a dirty piece of 4140 with lots of impurities. Sometimes it would cut around the inclusions, and finally it was acting like your machine. I never completed the cut.

Has anyone successfully accessed files from a Windows 10 machine with Agiecut Classic V.3? Wasn't sure where to ask this

agieman: This post is two years old.

rohodyer: You're better off to create a new post for your question with a subject line that restates your query. Tacking your question on to the end of an old, unrelated post just leads to a)confusion and b) your post not being seen by the right audience.

Dan

Back