What's new
What's new

Alternate for the Deublin 1005-020-038 rotary union

John_Z

Plastic
At least two manufacturers of EDM hole drills ... perhaps more ... use the Deublin 1005-020-038 rotary union to connect the HP through-electrode flush line to the rotating spindle. These are commonly available and inexpensive (<$100) - but they're definitely not optimal for a DI water process. They rust, leading to plugged electrodes - and then eventually they'll fail (sometimes rather abruptly) when the bearings seize.

Deublin does make the 1005-560-561, but it's not a standard catalog item. I've only found it available through the OEM ... at 5X the cost of 1005-020-038.

Several years back we tried the Rotary Systems 10050-0801-204, but after a few months, these would start oozing black goo. Evidently they weren't designed for DI water.

Does anyone know of an alternative?

Thanks.

BARCO BC 10538-02-06 is a newer item the Current uses. not sure where to get them and i think the thread is different. There is break in procedure for the rotary union that may help increase life.

BARCO BC 10538-02-06 is a newer item the Current uses. not sure where to get them and i think the thread is different. There is break in procedure for the rotary union that may help increase life.

Thanks - and we used to use a drop-in Barco replacement (10508-02-06 ... which worked very well), but since Deublin acquired Barco's rotary union business that version is no longer available. I'm also not finding anything on the part number you supplied - but then again, there's virtually nothing still using the Barco name on the Deublin website.

I found another Deublin version that might work (1005-113-063). I've got a request for info into Deublin. As with everything these days, getting a response may take a while.

Back