What's new
What's new

Another Agie HSS 150 wire motor issue

jwatts

Hot Rolled
From my previous post I was pointed to where the fuse was located for the motor which drives the wire transfer belts. There turned out to be insulation rubbed of the wires causing a short in the motor that was blowing the fuse. After addressing that issue, the motor once again runs but only at full speed. Is the speed regulation for that motor accomplished on the same board where the fuse was located? Also, there appears to be a smaller motor piggybacked on the main motor, what is this motor for?

Which wires are you referring to? If I reverse the two wires running into the larger motor that is connected to the planetary gearbox the motor still runs at full speed, just in the opposite direction.

I tried swapping the wires on the small "motor" and that didn't change a thing. The main motor still runs full speed in the same direction.

I was afraid it might be an encoder or something similar. My plan if I couldn't get the thing running right was just to power the wire belt motor separately, I already know if will run and vary speed from a variable DC power supply, and use the machine wiring to open and close a relay when that motor is supposed to be running. The wire speed would be completely manual, but for what we do that would be fine. However, if the machine is looking from a signal back from the motor I'm not sure what it might do. On that topic, if that is and encoder or tach of some kind would the motor run at full speed like it is if the tack was bad?

it is a tach. and it is trying to maintain a pos V if wires are crossed motors speeds up but V is still - so motor just spins at max speed

Thanks for the help guys. It turns out that in the process of disassembling and reassembling the motor and tach setup that I must have damaged the tach such that it wasn't outputting voltage at all. Installed a replacement and everything is back to normal. Thanks again.

Back