What's new
What's new

Anyone familiar with multiple parts on a Robocut with Fanuc 31i-W control?

Volitan

Hot Rolled
I have a bunch of parts to make and there's room to fit 3 or 4 plates up there and let them run over night.
They would all have different rotations though, I don't see any place to enter that info, only the main rotation which applies to everything.

Can this be done with a macro? Pick up each part and maybe with a G79(?) change the rotation before each part runs?

Or if I know what that angle for each is can I use a some g code to change the main rotation for each part before it runs?

Thanks

Or if I know what that angle for each is can I use a some g code to change the main rotation for each part before it runs?

To update the thread, variable #5201 holds the program rotation.
So, "#5201=26.3123" in the program would set the rotation to 26.3123 degress and like that...

I do this all the time on our Sodicks. I make a program to call up sub programs, rotations and mirrors. I pick up zero for each part using a different coordinate for zero. Example...

G54 XYUV ( telling the machine witch world coordinate it is at)
Q28154 ( this is the actually program to run)
T90 ( cuts the wire)
G00 Z4.0 ( to move the head up to clear clamps)
G55 XYUV ( rapid to next world coordinate)
Z0.0 ( bring the head down)
KA90.0 ( add a rotation)
G126 ( activate rotation)
Q28155 ( run the next program)
G127 ( cancels rotation)
T90
G00 Z4.0
G56 XYUV
Z0.0
G05 ( X mirror)
Q28156
G09 ( cancel mirror)
etc...

I know your machine will have different G and M codes but hopefully this will be of some help.

I do this all the time on our Sodicks. I make a program to call up sub programs, rotations and mirrors. I pick up zero for each part using a different coordinate for zero. Example...

G54 XYUV ( telling the machine witch world coordinate it is at)
Q28154 ( this is the actually program to run)
T90 ( cuts the wire)
G00 Z4.0 ( to move the head up to clear clamps)
G55 XYUV ( rapid to next world coordinate)
Z0.0 ( bring the head down)
KA90.0 ( add a rotation)
G126 ( activate rotation)
Q28155 ( run the next program)
G127 ( cancels rotation)
T90
G00 Z4.0
G56 XYUV
Z0.0
G05 ( X mirror)
Q28156
G09 ( cancel mirror)
etc...

I know your machine will have different G and M codes but hopefully this will be of some help.

Thanks for that! Where you use "K" for rotation I would imagine Fanuc has something similar, just can't find it but changing the variable works too.
I'm hopefully going for training this month and I'll be bringing lots of questions with me.

Back