What's new
What's new

Brother HS-350 wire EDM

TOTAL

Plastic
Hello everyone.

Few days ago I bought a wire EDM Brother HS-350 from one of my clients at work (I am an official servicemen for Accutex and Omega so I know my berries ;) ). It was dirt cheap at less than 500 dollars and they told me it works, but it was in sad condition and one year out of service.
However after transport I figured out that because of bad roads the battery for sistem fell out. I do not know if thats the problem so this is one of my questions for a start :) I know many sistems and usualy battery keeps time and parameters. How is that with Brother if someone knows exactly ?
Then yesterday when plugged in I discovered that capacitors in CRT are gone bad so today I adjusted potentiometers at back so I can see the image but capacitors will be exchanged in folowing days. Again here comes a new problem. Machine stops at the screen seen bellow and cannot be turned off with the red button. Diagnostics say abnormal so it's of no use. It's worth to mention that water tank is in my other workshop as I were cleaning it and it waits for paint to dry so signals from bimetals are not present - could it be that this is meant as abnormal. But why is not the off button working ? All lights on PS and amps are green. There is only one red led lit and one blinking at CPU PCB but lack of data you know...

So, what I am looking for is a service documentation. Basic manual for programing and maintainance is all I have but as an engineer I would like to have complete service manuals, circuits and everything that can be found. I am willing to pay someone if he gets a printed service book scanned for me please. I do like this machine for its small size and if I cannot get it to run I will have to make a completely new controller so please help me :o

Greetings from Slovenia, Matej

Back