What's new
What's new

Brother HS-50 Shipping Brackets

CHerweyer

Plastic
Hey All,

I work for a company that has multiple plants. we are moving our EDM from one plant to another. In the installation manual it mentions some shipping brackets that probably got tossed a long time ago. the installation manual vaguely shows these brackets but not really any specifics or blueprints on these guys. Anyone know a place that could have these? or got some drawings they could share with me of them?

Thanks!

I have discarded them long ago, but if you have the manual, you can see what they look like.
It is in Chapter 4 - 2 - "Relocating the machine"

If you don't, I've just scanned the page and can send it to you if you PM me with your E-mail.

Basically, it is a split C-bracket that clamps around the lower arm behind the table but still in the tank.
Then you have another bracket that is bolted to the table AND to this C-bracket.
That is how the X and Y is secured.
Then there is a third bracket which clamps the Z head to this very same C-bracket.

Lastly, as a shameless plug ....
If you are interested in another HS-50A, I have one.
It has a problem with the X-axis drive, but it may be fixable.
One of the board members ( SBaer ) was kind enough to send me a servo board from his machine, but by that time I've disconnected mine
and have not yet had time to test it.
Otherwise, it is a fully functional machine with everything included, so whether to resurrect or use for spares ....

Back