Close
Login to Your Account
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Country
    GERMANY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Hi Seymour! We have an old brother hs300 here in our lab without any disk. possibly could i trouble you for a copy of the comms software? please and thank you [email protected]

Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Mail sent, please let me know if you did not get it!

Some virus scan tools ( Gmail's for certain ) think that one of the files is harmful, and will not let it through even if it's zipped.
    Anyway, please trust it as it has been sent to quite a few folks here on the forum and it is safe and functional.

You WILL need a machine with Win7-32 or under, and you WILL need a real COM port with a real hardware UART on board!
    This software is literally from the mid 80-s, and it will not talk to any emulator or software layer.
    It will work with Win XP and Win7-32, but you cannot let the OS decide the port designations, IRQ or address.
    It will work only with COM1 or COM2, and only the standard addr/IRQ assignments.

Again, it's an old, old, old program written in GW BASIC, hence the no 64bit.

Good luck!

Country
    ITALY
    Post Thanks / Like
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jgunderson View Post
    Thank you Seymour, I will try to get that working. You or anyone else seen a version of the Comms software that looks like this? Hopefully I added the right, if not, it has a full user interface, send, receive, and setup buttons along the top you can mouse click on. The HS-70A is currently hooked up to to be updated via ethernet.
    I can also have the software