What's new
What's new

Brother HS50-A Servo drive, P# 659726

SeymourDumore

Diamond
Guys, does anyone know a source where I might be able to get an XY servo drive for my machine? Apparently the X axis channel crapped the bed
I think there is someone in PA with some parted out Brothers.

The part# for the X-Y board is the 659726, unfortunately there is a difference between the X-Y and U-V boards ( however small that may be .. )

Thank You

Ohhhh... Thank You, but it is now a bit late.
I've ordered a new Makino U3 and it is already here in CT, waiting (for me ) to be delivered and installed.
Unfortunately, the 50-A is now ready to bedecomissioned.

I am thinking about putting it on the for-sale section for a while to see if someone might be interested.
I will post pictures and the detail of the issue it has with the X-servo.

I got one machine that runs and one for parts thats pretty well complete. I have not had time to learn how to use it but I think I will have the opportunity in the next few weeks, it is my "holiday project". If anyone has a post for Mastercam X it would be helpful, at the moment it looks like I will be cutting and pasting Gcode from HSMexpress.

Meh... forget a specific post for the Brothers.
Use your 2D cad sw to draw the toolpath you want, export to DXF and let AnyCAM fill in the G01/G02/G03 as needed without any other codes, then hand edit the beginning and end.

I got one machine that runs and one for parts thats pretty well complete. I have not had time to learn how to use it but I think I will have the opportunity in the next few weeks, it is my "holiday project". If anyone has a post for Mastercam X it would be helpful, at the moment it looks like I will be cutting and pasting Gcode from HSMexpress.
Cut and paste, been there.
MC has a post for our HS70As. Works on all 17 of them.
A little cut and paste and the code works on the 2 HS50, one HS3100 and one HS300.
Don't know if you need a valid copy of MCX to request a post from them.

Most likely you do.

Regards,
John

Back